Author Topic: '03 SC Signature Standard 5-string  (Read 2396 times)

hieronymous

• club
    • hieronymous on soundcloud
'03 SC Signature Standard 5-string
« Reply #90 on: September 10, 2015, 05:18:01 PM »
Looks like stickers to me! What do you think?

keith_h

• club
« Reply #91 on: September 11, 2015, 06:19:35 AM »
I've noticed Stanley has stickers to mark settings on a lot of his stuff.  

My question is did he end up sanding the back of the neck or leave the finish?  

Keith

hieronymous

• club
« Reply #92 on: September 17, 2015, 11:00:03 AM »
Keith, I don't know the answer to that one - I will try and ask Mica at the upcoming Gathering

hieronymous

• club
« Reply #93 on: September 19, 2015, 03:37:38 PM »
Found similar sticker markings on his Alembic preamps in the Premier Guitar rig rundown episode on YouTube:

hieronymous

• club
Re: '03 SC Signature Standard 5-string
« Reply #94 on: September 29, 2017, 01:25:00 PM »
Been over two years since I last updated this thread! Narrowing in on strings for this thing - LaBella long scale nickel round wounds .045-.128 - the EADG fit great, the B is a little too long so getting some 32" scale ones made by bassstringsonline.com.

I am really grateful to Bill TGO for letting us play at his Labor Day party this year - it was great incentive for my drummer to come back from Salt Lake City to hang out, rehearse for the gig and also record. I used the house rig, discussed elsewhere. Here's a pic from the party:

Here's a close-up from the same day where the bass is more visible:

And here's a link to the first time we were playing together over the weekend (which was 101 degrees by the way!):

https://soundcloud.com/hieronymous-seven/trio-improv

We were testing out our rigs, setting levels (both in the room and in ProTools), and improvising. To me there's a searching quality to it - at one point I played a lick, then when I tried to repeat it I flubbed a bit and I remember thinking in that split-second - "shit this is serious!" I attacked the lick with hopefully a bit more authority after that - I think that flub might be in this clip!

At the beginning it's going through my MXR Bass Octave Deluxe & 3Leaf GR2 envelope filter, then I switch off the GR2, then it's clean. I'm thinking I might try and run the bass signal (which I recorded direct) through my SF-2 with a high pass filter to emphasize some of the high end - my strings are super old and dead, but there should be some more high-end content with the envelope & octave. I was also running it through my old Boss PQ-3B with the lows boosted, maybe a little too much, haven't decided yet.