Author Topic: The Tiger Emerald, P/J Elan Five  (Read 2365 times)

bigredbass

• club
The Tiger Emerald, P/J Elan Five
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2012, 09:31:25 PM »
So while his older brother was having his picture taken, I got the kid to sit still for a minute:  

Thanks for Watching!  J o e y

jazzyvee

• club
    • NotStrictlyJazz
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2012, 11:48:02 PM »
I'm overloading my senses with all these amazing Elans & Europa's I'm seeing these days.  

Now if you had an E-type Jag in British Racing green and that bass next to  you..... serious road presence....

Gorgeous, my computer desktop is now this Elan bass.

Jazzyvee
The sound of Alembic is medicine for the soul!

bigredbass

• club
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2012, 11:56:34 PM »
JV:

Funny you should bring that up:

When my dad would drive me to school, we'd pass a very expensive home with a circular driveway.  And every morning, parked in that driveway, was a silver Series 1 E-Type, the fastback with that door in the back.  I can still see that car . . . .

J o e y

facemo

• club
Re: The Tiger Emerald, P/J Elan Five
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2018, 08:09:59 PM »
I just purchased this emerald Green beauty from a seller here in Evergreen, CO.  I've only had it for a few days but so far I'm totally enchanted with it.  I have read through these posts in their entirety but if anyone has anything that they would like to share with me about this bass I would be very  appreciative.  Each Alembic bass is a complete original and as such is unique.  I would welcome any input that the Alembic community could offer.

bigredbass

• club
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2018, 10:56:55 PM »
Congratulations, it's a seriously wonderful bass.  But then, I spec'd it for myself, and as always, Alembic delivered in spades. 

If you have any questions, I'd be glad to help.  Enjoy.

All the Best,

Joey

jazzyvee

• club
    • NotStrictlyJazz
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2018, 07:08:49 AM »
Hi great catch on that bass. It indeed a thing of beauty. I have an Alembic Europa which is pretty much in the same ball park as your new bass. Mine is an Europa bass which evolved from the Elan and so has a similar body style all maple but slightly less rounded. I have two MXY pickups and signature electronics. This really is the bass I use for most of my gigging and rehearsals. I think that although all that maple gives you a recipe for a really bright sound should you want it, the bottom end is a superb tightly focussed sound, thick heavy and clean, the top end is really crisp and them mids allow you to compete with any guitarist for your bit of the sound spectrum. My main use of the bass is in the reggae band I play in but I've used it in all my music contexts and it fits everything. I'm not sure how the reversed split P pickup will be on the bottom end.

bigredbass

• club
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2018, 10:37:10 AM »
Massive.  I've seen Mica remark that the P Activator is the loudest pickup they make . . . . . . and I won't disagree.

jazzyvee

• club
    • NotStrictlyJazz
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2018, 12:15:27 PM »
The pickups on mine are the other way round with the bass ones more to the front. I've had to adjust them on the neck pickup to get a more balanced sound across the strings as the D and G strings seemed weak in comparison when the filter is closed. Now the balance works well for me. I agree that the P-Pickups are incredibly loud and powerful.

[link to pictures: http://club.alembic.com/index.php?topic=8524.0 ]
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 03:32:14 PM by adriaan »