Author Topic: Series 2 K Balance Buckeye  (Read 2490 times)

geepee

Series 2 K Balance Buckeye
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2015, 10:55:14 AM »
Zoom B3 and G3X built in effects.

Bass amps presents - Marcus Millar kind of sound and compressor. Zoom B3

Fender boost, dotted 8th note delay, reverse delay, e-bow swell, distortion, fast filter and pedal cry! Zoom G3X

That was basically what i was using!

charles_holmes

• club
  • Advanced Member
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2015, 12:06:24 PM »
That was a nice groove geepee. What did you use to video tape yourself? it recorded the tones very nicely indeed!
I miss the symphonic days! I'm considering returning to the symphony. I would like to buy an Alembic Classico but I know it's cost prohibitive at this point.
Chalie

rv_bass

• club
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2015, 02:24:31 PM »
Thanks, geepee, I'll have to learn more about the B3 and G3X, sounds great!

edwin

• club
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2015, 05:10:03 PM »
Chalie, you just gave me a vision of an entire symphony orchestra powered by a Classico equipped bass section!

geepee

« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2015, 10:01:10 AM »
Charlie, I used my dad's Fuji digital camera to record the video and I used Logic Pro 9 to record the audio.

I just took the output from the pedals and recorded it into Logic.

Dumped the video file into Logic and just put them together. Logic is much better for this than iMovie! Certainly works for me!  

rv_bass, they are certainly great gadgets. Extremely durable too as I use them busk on the streets around London!

By the way, enjoy your new year celebrations!!

geepee

« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2016, 04:46:28 PM »
Hi All,
We've done another couple of videos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9pMoDuYkY4
Blue Matter. John Scofield.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVk4GL9wE6Y
A nice little Marcus slap tune.

Bass recorded in stereo this time with a new toy.
Much as we wanted a proper F-2B it's too big to carry about on public transport along with the bass.  
So we made a mini version. It's about the size of an iPad and an inch thick. It sounds fantastic. It has a series PSU and 5 pin socket built in too. Sounds much better than plugging the bass direct into the interface. It needs a 20db pad but then it works great.

Have a listen.

elwoodblue

• club
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2016, 05:25:05 PM »
wow...that's a cool unit!!

Enzo

• club
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2016, 08:57:45 PM »
So first you guys made a battery pack that works also with an iPhone charger, now you made this cool stereo unit, just like that. What an interesting family haha. Do you go to rehearsals with a modified DeLorean to fit the Alembic?

hammer

• club
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2016, 04:11:26 AM »
Two great ideas and I'll second Enzo's comment. It sounds like you're able to throw these things together while others are putting on their coats prior to heading outside.  I'd really be interested to hear a little about your background.

geepee

« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2016, 05:49:44 AM »
Ok Hammer, here goes.
George has played bass for about 6 or 7 years and was in a  band playing the pubs and clubs round Preston and the North West. I (dad) did 'the sound'. It got to be a pretty ambitious show with 5 stereo in ear monitor mixes, wireless instruments, lights, lasers, digital mixer and so on.  They even made a bit of money and had a local following. We both learnt a lot. It all finished when all the lads went to college.  

Now George is at University in London studying ...... Bass - the final frontier! Final year and hoping for a big break into the industry. He's already working as session musician and busks around London to pay the bills.

I'm almost completely retired as a dentist and  at a bit of a loose end. My playing sucks so I make crazy stuff for kicks. I always have. Anything mechanical, electronic, computer related and I'll have a go.

These projects should help make his incredible Alembic work for him in the most practical and portable way possible  for a working musician.

Phil.

(Message edited by geepee on January 10, 2016)

pierreyves

• club
    • www.vaucher-photos.ch
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2016, 03:53:32 PM »
GOSH DAMNED BLOOD N'GUTS OUCH no words..... speechless.... congrats...Iphone 6 or 6+ ? LOL!!

geepee

« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2016, 05:26:52 PM »
That's an iPhone 4. Its small.

jazzyvee

• club
    • NotStrictlyJazz
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2016, 01:23:31 AM »
Hi Phil, it seems like you have two marketable products, admittedly for a niche market, ideal for a musician travelling light. My lightweight setup is my DS-5 and F1-x in a 2U rack which is perfect for just dropping in the boot of the car. But if I was travelling on the underground in London I'd soon be unpopular.  

Nice piece of work.
The sound of Alembic is medicine for the soul!

geepee

« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2016, 04:46:26 PM »
Hi guys,  

I have a new video up on youtube. It's a Chapman Stick special! I hope you enjoy it! Hardly an Alembic but it's technically a bass anyway;)  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tFhz6bSBY4

Thanks, hope you're all well and playing!

geepee

« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2016, 03:08:36 PM »
Hi guys,  

I have a new video up on youtube. It's a Chapman Stick special! I hope you enjoy it! Hardly an Alembic but it's technically a bass anyway;)  

Please ignore the previous link...this one works!!  

https://youtu.be/K5bNn9V9pGA?t=1m16s

Thanks, hope you're all well and playing!