Author Topic: 1995 Series II Six String Bass  (Read 1298 times)

pasewark

• club
  • Advanced Member
1995 Series II Six String Bass
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2004, 06:58:51 AM »
Yep. The case was a custom Mark Leaf. This was back when I was making money! :-}!

I will look for my photos this weekend.

palembic - I'm way more than 50 - Kilos that is! LOL!

chip

• club
  • I'm New Here
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2005, 05:38:52 AM »
Janriviere is right! I am very surprised to see my bass here.  I haven't checked out the Alembic website for long time and I was just browsing and stumbled on to this string.  THAT'S MY BASS!

I bought it from Bass NW a few years back, all 20 lbs of it!  It is hard to lift but I bought a huge strap and started working out! Wearing it very high helps.  But, then, I don't play out much anymore -  I'm post-50 and now a garage-bander.  But it sure sounds incredible!

Here's some additional history. I record a lot with it and was getting a serious rf buzz at about 9k.  I couldn't eq it out without losing a lot of the presence, so after consulting with Ron W. at Alembic, sent it back.  He rewound the pick-ups and pretty much much nailed it.   I recall that he said that the rewind configuration ( .. and I'm over my head here...) has become an upgrade to the Series II electronics.  So, what was already an awesome sound got a little better.

If it will upload, I'm attaching a recent picture of the bass in action with its owner.

Chip

pasewark

• club
  • Advanced Member
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2005, 05:59:29 AM »
Yep! That would be the bass! Hey Chip! Glad it found a good home!
A killer instrument!

kungfusheriff

• club
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2005, 10:03:00 AM »
20 pounds? My God, I have to stop complaining about my bass!

David Houck

• club
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2005, 06:47:22 AM »
Hi Chip, welcome to the group!

chip

• club
  • I'm New Here
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2005, 01:06:01 PM »
Thanks, Dave!  By the way, I went home an weighed the thing and, including the brass plates on the back, weighs an even 15 lbs. on my new digital bathroom scale.  ( It wouldn't calculate the % bodyfat though!)  To be perfectly honest, I took off the brass plates and replaced them with the plastic ones that came with it which brings it in at a lean 13.5 lbs.

richbass939

• club
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2005, 04:20:49 PM »
Chip, welcome to the club.  It's always cool to find a previous owner and a little bit of the history of your instrument.  Congrats on a beautiful bass.
Rich

jazzyvee

• club
    • NotStrictlyJazz
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2005, 04:24:49 AM »
Thats an incredible looking bass and one of my dream purchases a 6 string Series II. It must sound incredible.
The sound of Alembic is medicine for the soul!

jazzyvee

• club
    • NotStrictlyJazz
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2005, 07:48:48 AM »
Thats an incredible looking bass and one of my dream purchases a 6 string Series II. It must sound incredible.

jazzyvee

• club
    • NotStrictlyJazz
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2016, 02:47:37 AM »
What was I thinking all those years ago..... 6 string bass. Though I did check out a 6 string Elan back then, didn't go for it for a number of reasons. Nowadays I find a 5 string has been is plenty for me.  
The large body does suit that bass really well.