Author Topic: Alan's Custom Balance K  (Read 1596 times)

dlbydgtl

• club
Re: Alan's Custom Balance K
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2011, 09:16:35 PM »
That woodgrain is amazing! Enjoy, i know you will.

amelnick

• club
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2011, 07:48:24 AM »
Mica and the entire team worked their magic! Just placed the order for custom number 2.... A modified Rogue in ASH! Wait until you guys see this one. Not like any other one I have seen. Stay tuned to this channel!!!

Alan

briant

• club
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2011, 01:59:34 PM »
HOT-NESS.

Congratulations on a beautiful instrument.  Signature electronics + that neck recipe just kills.

amelnick

• club
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2011, 12:42:36 PM »
Out for delivery !!!!!!!

briant

• club
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2011, 02:23:47 PM »
I'm eagerly awaiting that phone call as well.

amelnick

• club
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2011, 02:23:41 PM »
Just a couple of quick iphone photos. Replaced the knobs with q-parts abalone knobs. Thanks to all of the Alembic family for such great work.  Alan  

[moderator's edit: aligned images to vertical]   (Message edited by artswork99 on January 28, 2011)

jacko

• club
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2011, 01:19:03 AM »
Those knobs look fantastic Alan. Did you have any issues fitting them? We discussed these knobs last year but no-one had tried them at that point. I was looking at the same ones you have and I must say they really do finish the instrument off nicely.

Graeme

tbrannon

• club
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2011, 06:41:53 AM »
I love the cocobolo on this one- looks like melting chocolate!  

I scrolled through to find the description of the electronics.  Earlier in the thread I see it described as Signature electronics + side and front LEDs.  The LED's explain the extra switch, but care to explain the 2 extra knobs?

amelnick

• club
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2011, 08:25:59 AM »
Jacko, knobs fit no problem. They come with a sleve inset that has to be removed. I have them on my Dragon wing, Orion, and not the MK. I think it makes a big difference. Best is they are only about 10.00 ea.
Tbrannon, the extra knobs are dimmers for the front and side Led's. Not sure I needed them but the extra knobs look cool!!!

tbrannon

• club
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2011, 09:00:33 AM »
Very cool- I knew there were people who had dimmers installed, but I think this is the first time I've seen separate dimmers for each of the LED groups.

artswork99

• club
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2011, 09:07:44 AM »
Alan, What a beautiful bass! Congratulations and Play it Healthy!  Do you have any pictures of the front LED's on yet?  It's got to be something.   I noticed in another thread you mentioned WPB.  I lived in Boynton for 15 yrs and still travel there once in a while, I'd like to write you the next time we're headed south if okay with you.  Back to the beautiful Balance K thread!

amelnick

• club
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2011, 11:01:13 AM »
artswork99, come visit anytime! I am in Wellington and Dad lives in Boynton Beach. I will post a pic or 2 of the LED's when I can. Thanks to all for the compliments. Cant wait to get the next build started.

sgiacomo

• club
  • I'm New Here
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2014, 04:21:44 PM »
I purchased this bass from Alan and absolutely love it. This build record is really cool. Thanks!

growlypants

• club
  • Advanced Member
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2014, 06:23:12 AM »
Congratulations!  She's a beauty!