Author Topic: John's Buckeye Burl Triple O Guitar  (Read 4116 times)

David Houck

• club
Re: John's Buckeye Burl Triple O Guitar
« Reply #135 on: November 02, 2013, 12:46:05 PM »
The journey is just beginning.  I've had mine for well over five years now, and the journey continuously unfolds into new places to be explored.  Enjoy!

eastcoastepic

• club
  • Advanced Member
« Reply #136 on: November 14, 2013, 03:20:03 PM »
Superb! Congratulations, John, I will assume you are feeling the same emotions that I did 10 years ago. It's a shame we don't live closer; what a sight we would be on stage...  :-)
Enjoy, and get ready for the comments/compliments when you take her out, it's actually quite fun!
Chris
Correction: there is 'much' money to be made above the fifth fret....

jzstephan

• club
  • Advanced Member
« Reply #137 on: November 14, 2013, 08:04:19 PM »
Thanks Chris. That would be mind blowing; two Buckeye Burl Triple Omega Alembics in the same place at the same time!

Ok, one more picture.

I am Batman.

eastcoastepic

• club
  • Advanced Member
« Reply #138 on: November 27, 2013, 08:25:16 PM »
Sweet Mother of Pearl! A perfect bookmatch to center front & back....Holy Shinola. Just superb...
Just a word of advice, my friend; when you're out & about with her, watch her like a hawk, as a mother would watch a child. There are predators out there looking for an opportunity. That being said, I do not let my investment 'sit at home'; she has attained 'main bass' stature and I enjoy her as much as I can on stage, but remain vigilant during the process. Just my .02...

Be safe in your travels, Batman, Commissioner Gordon would be proud.....

Chris
Correction: there is 'much' money to be made above the fifth fret....

bigbadbill

• club
« Reply #139 on: July 10, 2014, 09:24:49 AM »
John, that looks utterly amazing; my favourite body shape combined with my favourite wood. One question; are you really big, or is the body downsized from what they'd use on a bass? I'm 6ft and I'd swear my Triple O bass looked a lot bigger than that on me.

jzstephan

• club
  • Advanced Member
« Reply #140 on: July 28, 2014, 05:40:20 AM »
I am 8 feet tall and weigh 450lbs.
(Not really. I am a large man, but the guitar is a little wider than a Les Paul in the lower bouts, but otherwise about the same as a strat. And, yes Shaun, I have wanted a triple omega ever since I saw Johnny Winter's guitar in 1974.)