Author Topic: Starfire with Europa  (Read 1807 times)

mica

• alembic
Re: Starfire with Europa
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2016, 11:02:24 AM »
Just about done with this guy. There's a bit of a queue right now in setup, but your bass should be getting loaded in the next couple of weeks. There's a few stacked up in front of yours. When James is working on it, I'll get a pic snapped for you :)

rv_bass

• club
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2016, 07:03:26 PM »
That's great news!  Thanks, Mica, I appreciate it very much!

Rob

edwardofhuncote

• club
  • Chain-Links
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2016, 07:45:39 PM »
Exciting, Rob! Your Alembicized Starfire thread had slipped my mind. Looking forward to seeing it.

rv_bass

• club
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2016, 02:32:14 PM »
Thanks, Greg. Yes I'm psyched, it will be very cool!  :)

wisconsindeadd

• I'm New Here
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2017, 12:49:10 PM »
Did this get finished? I am interested in getting alembic pickups in my starfire as well. Any info on what you did would be appreciated.

rv_bass

• club
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2017, 03:30:13 PM »
Not yet, but Mica mentioned last week that it is in the final stages, so it shouldn't be too long now.  I ended up going with Anniversary electronics with AXY pickups (the wider ones like in a SC or Brown bass), a mono/stereo switch and five pin as well.  There will be a separate volume, filter, and 3-position Q-switch for each pickup, a pickup selector, and master volume, brass nut, bridge and block, and tail piece, and new strap buttons.  There will be an inlay as well. I think that's everything. According to Edwin, Moonliner, and Wolf, Starfires with Alembic components sound amazing, and I'm certain this one won't disappoint!  :).  Good luck with your planning and ask others here for advice!

rv_bass

• club
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2017, 06:12:00 PM »
Hi Mica,

Would it be possible to put a Fatboy pickup in the bridge position and keep the AXY in the neck position?

Thanks,
Rob