Author Topic: Stanley Clarke in Berkeley tonight! 6/13/19  (Read 130 times)

hieronymous

• club
    • hieronymous on soundcloud
Stanley Clarke in Berkeley tonight! 6/13/19
« on: June 13, 2019, 06:01:40 PM »
Stan the Man is coming to the Freight & Salvage in Berkeley CA tonight! Anyone else going? I've only ever seen him at Yoshi's (mostly Oakland, once in SF) so I'm excited to see him in a different venue, and the Freight is great! Great room/sound system/vibe - yippee!

I hope he plays an Alembic this time around! I saw a pic that I think was from last night in Sacramento:

beetseekingmissle is a great photographer I follow on Instagram, goes to a lot of great shows in Sacramento.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 11:31:23 PM by hieronymous »

hieronymous

• club
Re: Stanley Clarke in Berkeley tonight! 6/13/19
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 11:31:01 PM »
The show was great! HE PLAYED HIS ALEMBIC - TWICE! For the first song and the encore. This is only the second time I've seen him play electric in person - back in 2013 he started on it but then something was wrong with the strings - that was because he had converted it to tenor but with the wider grooves in the bridge saddles so the string popped out!

Anyway, today was treated to an incredible show - they did request that people not take pictures which was really nice actually. I did snap a show when the Alembic was brought out before the show started. He also had his two Ampeg 8X10s on their sides and stacked with what looked possibly like the mini-SC custom preamp, plus a Roland Jazz Chorus on top of an Aguilar cabinet and head. Was the Ampeg for the upright and the Aguilar/Roland setup for the Alembic? Or was everything running all the time???

The band is: Shariq Tucker: drums, Cameron Graves: keyboards, Beka Gochiashvili: piano, keyboards, Salar Nader: tabla, Evan Garr: violin - I've seen Evan Garr play with Al DiMeola - what an incredible talent! So nice seeing him with Stan the Man, he really added to the show. Of course the whole band are virtuosos and they played some incredible, sometimes mind-blowing, music tonight!     

xlrogue6

• club
  • Advanced Member
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 09:17:19 AM »
My friend Dave Trouse did FOH for that show, I think someone else on the crew shot these.

xlrogue6

• club
  • Advanced Member
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 12:15:54 PM »
Just talked to Dave about the show--apparently the 2 SVT810's, the JC120 and an Aguilar 215 are Stanley's rig for both basses. I'd really like to know how you run an upright through that much cone area without feedback issues, but I'm just a simple country bass player, Jim.

hieronymous

• club
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2019, 02:55:13 PM »
Just talked to Dave about the show--apparently the 2 SVT810's, the JC120 and an Aguilar 215 are Stanley's rig for both basses. I'd really like to know how you run an upright through that much cone area without feedback issues, but I'm just a simple country bass player, Jim.

Thanks for the pics! Yeah, I was wondering the same thing about the upright - he was SO LOUD sometimes! And sat with the upright right in front of the sideways stack.

bigredbass

• club
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2019, 04:00:29 PM »
Don't tell anybody:  Roland JC's (within limits) are fabulous for bass.  No telling what SC does with his, but around the house they are fabulous with a chorus to die for.  My Favorite practice amp.