Author Topic: 1982 Series I on Reverb (Canada)  (Read 263 times)

edwardofhuncote

• club
  • What Would McVie Play?
1982 Series I on Reverb (Canada)
« on: February 03, 2019, 04:23:21 AM »

hammer

• club
Re: 1982 Series I on Reverb (Canada)
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 09:31:32 AM »
Beautiful figuring!  I suppose it would be too much to hope that the price on Reverb and the Stang Website (Edmonton) is in Canadian dollars.  That would make the cost just a tad over $4,000 U.S. ($4044 to be exact) and with the cord and power supply included it would be a real bargain.  And no problem with the import as long as Stang will certify its birth in the U.S. which shouldn't be difficult with the warranty card.   I wish I didn't have two of these already or I'd be very interested in this one.

edwardofhuncote

• club
  • What Would McVie Play?
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 02:48:01 PM »
I never thought of that Canadian dollar conversion Brian, but the round number makes me think probably not. I see one offer was already made for it. That's a nice un-messed with bass... if they are flexible in price at all, I predict it won't sit too long.

I've been picking winners lately... fortunately, not for me;D

FWIW, I got a copy of that same glossy advertisement flier with my '81 Distillate. If I remember correctly, that's Mica's Aunt Mary with one of the now-infamous logo pendants. And the t-shirts look as awesome as they ever did - Ha!

jeffk

• club
  • I'm New Here
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 09:36:39 AM »
Hi All,

If anyone is seriously interested in this bass, I live in Edmonton and have a good relationship with Stang Guitars - and would be happy to check it out and take additional pictures, etc. Also, the price (yes, in Canadian dollars!) is lower on their website: https://stangguitars.com/products/vintage-1982-alembic-series-1-with-case-power-supply-and-original-bill-of-sale

Stang will ship to the U.S., by the way.

All the best,

Jeff

hankster

• club
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2019, 06:47:41 PM »
A buddy of mine in Edmonton spotted that beauty and sent me a link last week. Said if he didn’t build his own basses and guitars he’d buy it. But - he does, so it’s still available!  I thought the price was in the zone.

jeffk

• club
  • I'm New Here
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2019, 10:50:08 AM »
Hah - I, too, build my own basses and guitars, which is why That Alembic isn't now in my home.  :D

To add a bit of family history, my uncle Gary Cooper used to work at Alembic before branching out and building instruments under the "Oasis" label.

Hankster, I'm always interested in meeting fellow luthiers - if you'd be willing to pass on his contact info, I'd appreciate it!
Cheers,
Jeff

matbard

• club
« Reply #6 on: Today at 05:29:24 AM »
What a beauty!!! I’m just curious if the shop would ship to Europe...