Author Topic: New Series II Build  (Read 4386 times)

kingmidas3

• club
Re: New Series II Build
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2019, 12:47:09 PM »
I posted some pictures of my build in progress on the Facebook page Alembic Bass Guitars

kingmidas3

• club
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2019, 03:14:51 PM »
Status Update:
Body is now carved and attached to the 34 inch long scale 4 string neck with 3 Ebony laminates. Ebony headstock veneer is installed and sterling silver wrapped red LED neck position markers are in. The pickup covers and Series II hum cancelling cover are crafted from solid Ebony and are awaiting their future electronic circuits - Ron is building me two bass boost circuits - one for each pickup. The continuous wood backplates and truss rod cover are being finished now. Can't wait to see the custom inlay work that has been spec'd.

kingmidas3

• club
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2019, 03:42:31 PM »
Control layout approved today - will get pickups routed tomorrow then it goes in for two finish coats shortly thereafter. Progress!

David Houck

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2019, 07:51:52 PM »
Checking in on this thread and thought I would note that some of us are not on facebook.

kingmidas3

• club
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2019, 12:50:34 PM »
We are now effectively six weeks away from delivery!

Susan and Mica have sent me pictures that I have uploaded on the Alembic Bass Guitars and the Alembic Instruments Facebook pages.

Pickup and control cavities have been routed
Gloss finish has been applied and all of the wood "pops" incredibly well - figure and flame and color appear that were not seen before when the wood was unfinished
Inlays have been sterling silver bound around the mother of pearl
Further logo inlays will be underway
Ron is making the electronics now and the hardware is being gold plated
Jan Al is building a sturdy road case for her now

kingmidas3

• club
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2019, 11:14:17 AM »
Jan Al road case is underway:

ATA Flightcase with recessed casters and hasp lasp
Purple Wave Velvet Interior
Radient Barrier Interior
Black Rhinohide Exterior

Ordering process could not have been smoother - quoting two week turnaround (10 business days).
They will coordinate with Alembic directly on all required measurements for my custom body shape.
Cost is $751.00 for an ATA case instead of the $450.00 Alembic hard shell - the Alembic hard shell is sturdy however I am going into overkill territory here as this instrument is ultra high value and it's cheaper to do it now instead of later

kingmidas3

• club
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2019, 10:21:45 AM »
Sent Alembic a new set of Rotosound steel Swing Bass Strong’s - they cut the nit and saddles then send all of the hardware off to be gold plated so that the notches get filled with gold plate by also.

kingmidas3

• club
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2019, 10:25:42 AM »
Mica called and recommended the recessed strap locks. I am taking her advice.

rv_bass

• club
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2019, 05:30:11 PM »
I have recessed strap locks on two of my basses.  Just make sure you remember to bring the strap with the correct lock pins, otherwise you will be sitting down ( been there, done that).   :)