Author Topic: Jaydee Bass  (Read 194 times)

murray

• club
  • Advanced Member
Jaydee Bass
« on: March 05, 2018, 02:50:54 PM »
Just got my Jaydee Supernatural Bass out of it's RED case.  It has been heavily used between being made for me 1986 and until 2000 when I bought the Alembic Orion 4.
It is a custom, being a combination of the Mark King and George Anderson.  24 frets and Jazz width neck.  Still plays well and ....tut...tut... I left the batteries in it.  one must have been in 9 years but still some life!!!!
It has a passive/active option and a very fast neck.  Heavy bass.
I have removed the batteries and it is still a good passive sound.  I may get it serviced by JD (John Diggins) in Birmingham as I am only an hour away as it needs a bit of TLC (noisy pots etc.) but for the moment it will serve as a back up and old friend.
Anyone else got/had one?
Glynn

murray

• club
  • Advanced Member
Re: Jaydee Bass
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 03:06:54 PM »
Picture of Jaydee.

murray

• club
  • Advanced Member
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 03:09:53 PM »
Picture hopefully attached now.

hieronymous

• club
    • hieronymous on soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 04:29:42 PM »
Very nice! I have never played one but I do know someone that has one that I have seen played. What kind of music do you play on it?

murray

• club
  • Advanced Member
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 12:47:03 AM »
Normal stuff.  Not slap (can't  - leave that to Mark King!).  Jazz, Boogie, Pop, Dance.  At the time of use, I was in a 4-piece function band playing weddings and clubs.  The usual type of thing.  Not gigged it since 2000 as have the Alembic Orion 4 which covers all the same stuff and anything I want (including a few bits with a local classical choir!) and a couple of Electro-Acoustic Bass Guitars for the traditional dance sides I play for.
ps.  Going to see Level 42 in October this year at Northampton UK.  He uses Status these days.  He is THE MAN.
Glynn