Author Topic: Scenery  (Read 448 times)

edwardofhuncote

• club
  • Chain-Links
Scenery
« on: January 28, 2018, 09:59:25 AM »
So I had to get a new phone yesterday... and now I'm having to relearn how to resize stuff... again.  ::)

Hopefully these files will post, and I'll have started a fun thread with a couple candid scenery shots from my little corner of the world.   :)

rv_bass

• club
Re: Scenery
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 10:30:51 AM »
Nice photos, Greg, looks like a beautiful area :)

David Houck

• club
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 11:33:00 AM »
Here's how things look at my house today.  It's raining, with a very low cloud ceiling, and fog moving through the cove.  The ridge, behind that house down there by the road, is hidden behind the clouds and fog.  On a clear day, there would be no "sky" in this picture; this is essentially looking down my driveway, which ends across the street from that house.  And really, there's not much difference here between clouds and fog; as I write this, the cloud ceiling is below the elevation of my house.  It's quite beautiful; and as we say here in Alembicland, it's much nicer in person than it is in the picture.

Cellphone shot; picture size and file size reduced; no editing.

lbpesq

• club
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 12:07:12 PM »
Mt. Diablo, looking out our back window today.

Bill, tgo

David Houck

• club
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 12:18:01 PM »
Very nice view, Bill!

That second picture of Greg's; I've driven up to Roanoke a few times, and have taken that route on up to D.C. from Asheville, and a lot of Western Virginia looks like that.  Very nice drive; though the parking for the rest areas is a bit cramped.

edwardofhuncote

• club
  • Chain-Links
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2018, 12:47:30 PM »
Nice pictures fellas... keep them going.  Bill has some real mountains in the backyard!

That second picture Dave, is the northern face of Fort Lewis, which rises above the little community of Masons Cove;)

I took these two while on a hiking trip to the top, Summer before last, one looking South back toward town. (the city in the distance is Roanoke) The other is looking North toward West Virginia.

*so apparently, unlike my old Galaxy S5, the S7 doesn't allow resizing in a photo editor. I'm having to email pictures to myself, resizing them incrementally that way.  :(   I've tried two different (free) apps, but neither really works that well. I wish there was some way to post them in with the text... and there probably is.  ::)

jacko

• club
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2018, 01:03:09 AM »
The view from my kitchen window a week ago.  We call it a summer house but that's pretty optimistic here in Scotland  ;D

cozmik_cowboy

• club
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2018, 11:45:22 AM »
OK, I am a idiot:  Can someone please hit me up at the e-mail in my profile with an explanation of how get pix from my computer into a post??

Peter
"Don't take life so serious; it ain't no ways permanent"

Pogo

slawie

• club
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2018, 04:52:51 PM »
The Rift Valley Ethiopia.
The picture is actually the Awash River taken from the first resort
opened in Ethiopia by Haile Selassie.
It is now unfunded and closed.
We were there visiting our son Steven who is working in Ethiopia.

slawie
“Commitment is what transforms a promise into reality.”
Abraham Lincoln

pauldo

• club
  • What chaos . . . ?
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2018, 05:16:21 PM »
doo doo doo looking out my backdoor (well kinda, out the backdoor, up the lane a bit behind the barn...)
1984 Distillate Zebrawood

David Houck

• club
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2018, 09:56:11 PM »
Peter; email sent.

peoplechipper

• club
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2018, 12:21:30 AM »
I could use that email too, but I won't send what Vancouver looks like now; think biblical rain...I haven't seen the mountains in some days, I hope they haven't washed away! Tony

cozmik_cowboy

• club
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2018, 04:13:27 AM »
Thanks, Dave; I stopped when the Preview didn't show anything - but, following your directions, when I click "Post", it takes me to a blank message page under "Start a New Thread".

Peter
"Don't take life so serious; it ain't no ways permanent"

Pogo

David Houck

• club
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2018, 03:20:00 PM »
Test upload for instructions.

Driveway; Autumn, 2017.

David Houck

• club
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2018, 03:26:58 PM »
I sent the email through the board software, which apparently doesn't keep a copy; so I'll start over, and I'll post a pic to make sure I haven't skipped a step in the instructions.

- First, edit the picture you want to upload.  You should reduce the picture size so that the maximum height and width is no more than 1200 pixels.  Then you should reduce the file size so that it is no more than 500kb.

- At the bottom of the page, above the "Quick Reply" area, click "Reply".  (You can't upload pictures in the Quick Reply text box.)  This opens the message editor.

- In the text box area, type some text about the picture.

- Below the text box, click on "Attachments and other options".  When this section opens, the only box that is checked should be "Return to this topic".

- Under "Attach", click "Choose File".  This opens the file manager on your computer.

- Choose your file.  After you've chosen it, the file manager will close, and the file name will appear next to the "Choose File" button.

- Below "Choose File", and to the right of the page, are the "Post" and "Preview" buttons.  If you click Preview, you won't see the picture, because it hasn't been uploaded yet.  You have to click "Post" to upload the picture and post your message.  If you're on an exceptionally slow DSL line like I am, this will take a few seconds.

That should do it.  I uploaded a picture and posted a message will I was writing this; so hopefully I haven't left out any steps.