Author Topic: Looking for Guitar or Bass (preferably project and/or early instrument)  (Read 186 times)

Soilandstone

• I'm New Here
Hello, we are looking for a Guitar or Bass.
Interested in Small body, Series, Shop night/Employee, or Early Instruments.
Our preference (or requirement) would be either an instrument with issues or a total project.
(That, or a very generous seller who would like to make a dream come true.)

We are not scared off by ANY condition issues, not even structural.
If you are thinking “No one would pay good money for this.” - we are speaking mostly to you!
Money is tight, but we are willing to work with a possible seller to pay up for the “right” instrument.

Currently putting a feeler out in the $1,000-$3,000 range.

Thank you for reading this strange first post.
Regards,
Chris & Jen
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 08:37:19 PM by Soilandstone »

lbpesq

• club
Re: Looking for Guitar or Bass (preferably project and/or early instrument)
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 06:43:53 PM »
Hi, Chris and Jen.  Would you have any interest in an Alembic employee "shop night" guitar?  (Alembic allows employees to make an instrument for themselves).  You can see it here:

https://reverb.com/item/4914451-alembic-employee-neck-through-shopnight-strat

Bill, the guitar one
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 06:46:49 PM by lbpesq »

hammer

• club
Re: Looking for Guitar or Bass (preferably project and/or early instrument)
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 03:12:29 AM »
Although it may be difficult to find something at the $1,000 end of the range you specified, for between $2000 and $3,000 you should be able to find a nice example of an Alembic.  Most of my collection, including two Series basses, were all purchased in that upper range of yours and were in working order.

Be patient and don't be tempted to bite on something because you like it if it's outside your price range. Good things come to those who wait.  I've always found my Best Buy's  here on the club site or on Craigslist.  So...visit this site often and do regular national searches on Craigslist.  Something that's right for you will eventually present itself.