Author Topic: after all these years  (Read 617 times)

nosimplehighway

• Ron Liggett's website
Re: after all these years
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2018, 12:28:19 PM »
I'm with ya on that one keith! We do manage to have fun together. At present, we're taking art classes. She has her indulgences too. When the nest was empty, I asked her what her dreams were. She said she always wanted a horse farm. So now we have a small farm with two horses and lots of cats and dogs. So yeah, she lets me indulge myself responsibly. We make a great pair! Just to be clear I have a lot of basses: Fenders, a Ric, a Gibson, a Kramer, a Martin, to name a few, plus my uprights, then there are my amps and cabs.
This Alembic is the fulfillment of a long term fantasy to own a hand crafted bass. I've seen what some other luthiers have to offer. Even tried a few. But I must say, none of those basses came up to the quality of this one. There are a few small dents along the body about the size of a pencil lead, but none seemed to have pierced the finish. Makes me wonder what could have caused them. An angry spouse or lover would have done far greater damage I'm sure. Possibly just careless handling or a tip over. Anyway, I'm truly stoked about getting this bass in my hands! -- RL

CaseyVancouver

Re: after all these years
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2018, 02:06:35 PM »
Welcome Ron!
Nice essence. I have one too and love it.

Gregory created a thread that you can showcase your uprights.
http://club.alembic.com/index.php?topic=22703.0

Cheers
Casey