Author Topic: Alembic STR/AE-1 Pickups/Wiring Diagram?  (Read 195 times)

Football

Alembic STR/AE-1 Pickups/Wiring Diagram?
« on: January 02, 2018, 11:57:02 AM »
Hi, will someone please let me know where on the input jack these three loose wires should be attached?

Trying to get Alembic STR/AE-1 pickups (volume, bass and treble pot type setup) working.

Ideally I'd love to see a wiring diagram.

Red wire is hot on these?

I attached two links to two pics.

Thank you

https://photoland.io/image/jQnzB

https://photoland.io/image/jQqCm

Update: I now accidentally ripped the white wire right off the volume board.  Yikes is that small trying to solder back on.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 03:04:51 PM by Football »

theneighbor

Re: Alembic STR/AE-1 Pickups/Wiring Diagram?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 08:52:10 PM »
Hi Football, and welcome.

I do not have these pickups.

Usually that style of jack has the tip as your hot output, (which should be the purple lead from the volume, and may be labeled "out"), the ring as the negative battery lead (black wire) and the inner sleeve as your earth ground (which I would guess as your white/blue stripe wire, although without seeing where the leads connect to your pot, I'm not positive). I'm using an image of a set of RK/AE-1 as a guide, although it's set up slightly different, and making the assumption the output and battery negative leads would be the same color as on the RK/AE-1. Looking at the RK/AE-1, the positive battery lead connects to the white/red stripe wire at the jack, where your board has a red battery lead connecting next to a white/red stripe wire. Without seeing the other side of the board to see how jumpers or traces are run, I'm making a guess, but in manufacturing, wires are usually color coded for ease of service (my distillate has the red battery lead connecting at the jack to a white/red stripe wire). If you look and see these do connect, we are on the right track. I have no information that the last wire is earth ground, only process of elimination to arrive at that. It may be I am entirely wrong as well, but if they were removed from a working strat, there is only one option left. ;)

I'm sorry to hear about your broken wire, that could be a challenging repair, especially if you haven't done much through-hole solder work. Here's a link that goes over the basics of how it's done. http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Solder-a-Through-hole-Component/

Hope it all works out well and you get your strat up soon. :)

« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 09:12:12 PM by theneighbor »

lbpesq

• club
Re: Alembic STR/AE-1 Pickups/Wiring Diagram?
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 11:14:56 PM »
Hi, Brian.  Welcome to the club.  I'm a little confused by your post.  The STR/AE-1 set should be composed of three Strat-shaped pickups, a volume control and a low pass filter control.  If you have bass and treble controls instead of the single filter, you appear to have a hybrid set, so the standard STR/AE-1 schematic won't work for you.  If you post some pics I bet someone will be able to figure it out for you.

Bill, the guitar one