Author Topic: Wiring Diagram for 18volt Aria Pro II RS-850?  (Read 96 times)

Football

• I'm New Here
Wiring Diagram for 18volt Aria Pro II RS-850?
« on: December 28, 2017, 08:46:14 PM »
Having problems with the electronics in this guitar.  Neck pickup not working on it's own at all when selected.  It only works when pickup selector switch is set to neck + bridge.

There's also a bunch of intermittent noise gremlins coming and going.

Not sure where to begin cause it's very tight quarters, tons of electronics in the cavity and not what I’m used to seeing, coming from basic strat assemblies.

Electronics are Alembic-ish, at least in some ways, IMO. Two single coil style pickups with a dummy coil in between them. Also has three way "Q-Switch".

Searched online for diagram but came up with nothing.  Guitar is from 1979. Made for three years, I think.  Came here because I’ve seen threads here about this model in the past.

Hoping someone may have some ideas.

Thank you
ps. If this post should not be on the forum, since it's not an Alembic guitar, please delete.

lbpesq

• club
Re: Wiring Diagram for 18volt Aria Pro II RS-850?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 08:27:02 AM »
Hi, Brian.  No problem posting, though this might more properly belong in the "miscellaneous" section.  (If so, the moderators will move it - again, no problem).  Which version of the Aria do you have, the 6-in-line or the 3+3 headstock?  I have one of the 6-in-line 850s.  If the neck pickup works in the middle position, but not in its own, I would suspect the PU selector switch.  You can test this by bypassing the switch.  Also, if you think it would help, I can open mine up and take some pics.  Not sure what you mean by "intermittent noise gremlins".  Do the gremlins just happen on their own, or do they appear when you are turning the control knobs?    If the latter, you need to "exercise" the pots - turn them 0-10-0, back and forth 40 or 50 times each.  If the gremlin noises just happen on their own, the first thing I would do is put in fresh batteries.

Biil, the guitar one
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 11:07:08 AM by lbpesq »