Author Topic: Epifani  (Read 284 times)

harald_rost

• club
  • Advanced Member
Epifani
« on: December 17, 2017, 08:42:43 AM »
Hello,
I'm looking for a new lightweight bass cab. A music store here got the new Epifani D.i.s.t. 2*10 cab, looks interesting.
Couldn't find much info here in Germany about the Epifani D.i.s.t. cabs, no review yet.
Anyone out here with experience?
Thanx!
Harald 

edwin

• club
Re: Epifani
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 07:28:32 PM »
I got to borrow an Epifani 3x10 on my last California trip and I loved it. If I find one, I'm going to buy it. I haven't tried a DIST cab.

jazzyvee

• club
    • NotStrictlyJazz
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 02:21:41 AM »
I've recently been doing the same thing and after a lot of reading I have discovered. Barefaced cabs.
http://barefacedbass.com

I bought the Big Twin II cab which has specialy designed 2 x12 neodynium high excursion speakers plus tweeter
http://barefacedbass.com/product-range/Big-Twin-2.htm

it sounds absolutely incredible and hifi and really light. I now have my 3 mesa boogie cabs up for sale.
I'd highly recommend them.
The sound of Alembic is medicine for the soul!

dtothec

• club
  • Advanced Member
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 06:42:52 PM »
I've been playing through Fearful cabinets for the last year or so and love them. I have a 15/6/1 a 15/6 with electronic crossovers and a 15 subwoofer. Most Fearful cabinets are 2 way or 3 way, they are light weight and play crystal clean and clear. You can hear all of the nuances of an Alembic bass through them. Even at loud volumes they stay crystal clean and clear even the low B string. They say a 15/6 when played loud is as loud as a 4x10. They are said to not color the sound but reproduces what is fed into them. Unless it's an outdoor gig, a 15/6 is plenty, and for outdoors I'll either use the sub or bring both 15/6/1 and 15/6 and can cover most outdoor gigs without a FOH P.A. They may be hard to find in Germany but if you're handy with tools you can build them yourself with plans from the Greenboy website.
04 Buckeye Rogue 5
99 Zebrawood Orion 5
11 Fodera Emperor 5 Deluxe Buckeye
04 Nordstrand Adrian Garcia 5

harald_rost

• club
  • Advanced Member
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2018, 08:23:41 AM »
Tanks you for reply!
Meanwhile I was able to test an Epifani 210 D.I.S.T. at a local music store and I bought it. Amazing rich sound for such a lightweight small 210 bass cab, what a bass out of that little thing.
I'm looking forward to play it at the next gig.

murray

• club
  • Advanced Member
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2018, 09:31:54 AM »
I know your deal is done but for the future and anyone else......I have already done a post on Barefaced cabs but it is worthy of another mention for the One 10.  It really is stunning and 7kg. Barefaced allow you a month to try and if you don't like them you can return and get your money back.  I kept mine!!  I still have my Bergantino HD112 cabs which are also stunning for larger gigs and they are only 20kg each.  So far the One 10 is covering all that I do.  My amps are GenzBenz Streamliner 900 and my back-up is Genzler Magellan 350.  As Jazzyvee says - Barefaced highly recommended.
Glynn