Author Topic: In praise of the Persuader  (Read 431 times)

mtjam

• club
  • Advanced Member
In praise of the Persuader
« on: December 16, 2017, 07:00:32 AM »
I recently picked up a Persuader, and I love it. I never really sought one out, but it came into my possession in a recent trade. It is extremely comfortable and the lightest Alembic I’ve  had. Who else loves the Persuader?

edwardofhuncote

• club
  • Chain-Links
Re: In praise of the Persuader
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 08:14:56 AM »
I know that smile...  :)

Congratulations & Compliments, Rob... enjoy it!  8)

I love my Persuader too... in addition to being an incredibly fine instrument, that bass was the catalyst to my initial introduction to Mica & Co. and all you folks here. What a great time it's been.  :)

rv_bass

• club
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 12:37:45 PM »
That’s one happy man!  Very nice, Rob!  :)

pauldo

• club
  • What chaos . . . ?
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 06:37:48 PM »
I know that smile...  :)

The smile was the first thing I noticed.... reminds me of that great pic of Paul TBO and Bonnie.  It's the smile that says everything about Alembic basses.
1984 Distillate Zebrawood

Mr. Bill

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 08:02:48 PM »
Hey Rob, sorry I'm just now seeing this.  It was an absolute pleasure to meet you!Guess I'm a little late to the party, but I'm really happy you're enjoying the Persuader. The series bass absolutely impresses me every time I pick it up.  It also has made me think really hard about putting some TI flats on my Elan 5. I'm gonna have to get out and come watch you play sometime soon.

mtjam

• club
  • Advanced Member
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 04:57:18 PM »
Hey Chris! Glad to hear that you are enjoying your Series bass. I continue to play the heck out of the Persuader; I usually divide my playing time between that bass and the Rick 4001 I got back in November. My back has been feeling much better since I got those two instruments. Hope you can come out and see us play some time. We do have an upcoming gig in Henderson, MD., which is not too far from Delaware. We also have a gig in Harrington in September. Happy New Year to ya!