Author Topic: Alembic B 15 Cabinets  (Read 553 times)

57pbass

• I'm New Here
    • www.danielprine.com
Alembic B 15 Cabinets
« on: October 18, 2017, 04:32:02 PM »
Hello Alembic Club,
I’m a huge fan of Alembic and Bag End..great innovators.
I live in metro NYC area. Playing 40 years and still performing.. I’m waiting on 2 powered Bag End 15N cabs that I’ll connect my Alembic F1X pre. Really looking forward to this.
I also have in my possession 2 Alembic B15 bass cabinets that I purchased directly from Alembic in the late 70’s.  They are massive cabs made from 13 ply birch and they really sound amazing...they are in original condition with the chicken wire grills..they look awesome with JBL K-140 silver coned speakers..
My brother has 4 - B 12 cabinets ..all loaded with JBL speakers.
My cabinets have been in storage for several years and I’m thinking about either selling them or repurposing them into ...I’m not quite sure ..maybe smaller cabs or furniture?
Any thoughts or information about these cabs would be appreciated..
Thanks
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 05:02:45 PM by 57pbass »

sonicus

• club
Re: Alembic B 15 Cabinets
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 07:47:50 AM »
    Welcome to our little corner of the internet   :)  .  I have 2 Alembic A-15 cabinets  that I purchased in the mid 1970's as well as several cabinets of similar design from the GD Wall of Sound as well as early Bag End incarnations . All of these cabinets share the the Birch Plywood and  front loaded infinite baffle design  with machined aluminum alloy brackets , including their heavy and challenging aspects regarding logistics . My recommendation  is that they can implemented for their intended use as speaker cabinets but in a fixed setting such in a studio  rehearsal or recording or in a music venue , etc... The historic aspects of these built to last and perform gems,  should be appreciated and preserved in my opinion .
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 07:55:23 AM by sonicus »

dead_head

• club
  • Advanced Member
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 12:31:10 PM »
Welcome to the club.  I agree with Wolf's opinion that they should be preserved and appreciated for what they are. They'd even be fantastic for
just enjoying at home and keeping that little bit of Alembic history alive and on display.   ;)

mtjam

• club
  • Advanced Member
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 05:59:20 PM »
Does anyone have pictures of these various Alembic cabinets? I always hear about them, but I can't recall actually seeing one.

Maybe I did and forgot! That's possible...

mario_farufyno

• club
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2017, 10:30:36 AM »
double post...
Not just a bass, this is an Alembic!

mario_farufyno

• club
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 10:31:26 AM »
I'd love to see them once, too...
Not just a bass, this is an Alembic!