Author Topic: Signature Deluxe - sound goes fuzzy...  (Read 152 times)

Fulla_Bass

• I'm New Here
Signature Deluxe - sound goes fuzzy...
« on: October 09, 2017, 09:59:42 AM »
Hi Folks

I have a weird problem with my Signature Deluxe Bass (SC). 

* plug it in - initially sounds perfect.
* 15-20 minutes later - sound distorts - hard to describe: almost as though I'm playing through a fuzz box.

I have tried playing with different heads & cabs & cables - same result.
Put in fresh batteries.
visual inspection of the wires - looks ok....

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thank you very much.

Ray 

mica

• alembic
Re: Signature Deluxe - sound goes fuzzy...
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 03:28:11 PM »
You've tried with a new battery? Meaning, the single battery under the large plate, not the multi-set for the side LEDs only.

Fulla_Bass

• I'm New Here
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 09:11:46 AM »
I think I replaced the multi-set -but not the single battery under the large plate. (I thought the single battery was for the LED's - learned something).  I will go home tonight and change the single battery....thanks Mica.

Fulla_Bass

• I'm New Here
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 05:06:47 AM »
Hi Mica - that was it....the single battery.  I feel pretty stupid :)

Very happy my baby is back in business. Thanks for the diagnosis.....

growlypants

• club
  • Advanced Member
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 06:16:59 AM »
(And, for what it's worth, I just learned that the group of 4 9v's, works the LED's only!  Thanks, Mica!  [Who knew?!])

jazzyvee

• club
    • NotStrictlyJazz
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 07:07:00 AM »
Glad you have found the problem. I've spent a far too much money on batteries from accidentally knocking the switch, or leaving the led's on when putting it in the case. I need to get some rechargeables for those LED's.  On the plus side, the LED batteries are a good source of batteries if your main bass battery goes down and you aren't near a shop or short of a new spare.
The sound of Alembic is medicine for the soul!

StephenR

• club
  • Advanced Member
    • CRYPTICAL
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2017, 08:15:30 AM »
Glad you have found the problem. I've spent a far too much money on batteries from accidentally knocking the switch, or leaving the led's on when putting it in the case. I need to get some rechargeables for those LED's.  On the plus side, the LED batteries are a good source of batteries if your main bass battery goes down and you aren't near a shop or short of a new spare.

The batteries for the LEDs kick in and power the electronics if the main battery goes down?

keith_h

• club
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2017, 08:39:10 AM »

The batteries for the LEDs kick in and power the electronics if the main battery goes down?

No. You have to open the LED battery compartment and move one to the electronics compartment. Not a bad idea though.