Author Topic: Calton Cases in Austin, Texas would love to make cases for your Alembics  (Read 490 times)

pressdog

• I'm New Here
Hey Alembic Crew!

My name is Andrew Pressman. I am the sales rep for Calton Cases. The company moved to Austin, Texas from the UK in 2013. In response to some inquiries I see in other threads on the Alembic message board, we can make cases for Alembic Guitars and even some bass models. As a matter of fact, we are making a case for a late 70s Alembic Series 1 guitar right now!

We have done a soft release of our first electric bass shell, which is offset in shape. It is the first of what will be a few bass shell designs to be released in the upcoming year or two.

Check out our website and social media pages to see what we've been up to.

http://www.calton-cases.com

I am also happy to answer any questions you have have about our cases.

Thanks so much!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 05:47:25 PM by pressdog »

edwardofhuncote

• club
  • Chain-Links
Nice cases here folks... my Dad swears by them, and keeps both of his prized Gibson banjos in them.

lbpesq

• club
The cases they used to make years ago in Canada were great.  I have a custom one for my Further and another for my old Martin.  When the company sold there were apparently some problems and they got a bad reputation.  Maybe they have since figured things out.

Bill, tgo

pressdog

• I'm New Here
The Canadian version of the company licensed manufacturing rights from Keith Calton, the founder of Calton Cases. Keith was making cases in the shop outside his home from the early 1970s until 2014. The company was purchased from Keith by a guy named Jon Green and moved to Austin, Texas. Since than, the case exteriors have been streamlined and the product line has expanded a bit. We are not direct affiliated with the Canadian version of Calton Cases. The cases from that era are incredible, though. No doubt about that.

edwin

• club
I haven't seen a new one up close, but while there might have been initial growing pains, it appears that they are back and better than ever, given some examples of their recent work. I wish they had kept the testimonials up from players from the old website. The Bill Frisell story was priceless (and told in only the way Bill can.).

rv_bass

• club
Re: Calton Cases in Austin, Texas would love to make cases for your Alembics
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2017, 07:08:11 PM »
My '78 Series I guitar is cozy and safe in its new Calton case...

sonicus

• club
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2017, 08:02:34 PM »
I cannot tell from the photo if the latches are completely recessed . Are they ?

rv_bass

• club
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2017, 04:41:26 AM »
The latches are not recessed, they have plastic guards surrounding them.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 05:17:40 AM by rv_bass »

edwardofhuncote

• club
  • Chain-Links
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2017, 05:03:35 AM »
Just saw one of these new Calton cases yesterday... the guitar player on a gig had a Martin D-28 "Authentic 1937" in it. I noticed the latches had those impact guards... great idea.  :)

sonicus

• club
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2017, 05:13:27 PM »
Thanks Rob & Greg for the answers regarding the latches .

cje

• club
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2017, 10:42:16 AM »
Diamond-Eyed Jack lives in a Calton, when he's not out melting faces.