Author Topic: Advice needed on PA EQ & Feedback  (Read 198 times)

gtrguy

• club
Re: Advice needed on PA EQ & Feedback
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2017, 10:05:03 AM »
I have owned feedback feedback eliminators and they were more a PITA than anything. Just one more thing to mess with during setup.
A good SM58 is a fine mic for vocals. Some people say SM57s are just mics that did not make the cut to be SM58s! I have owned at least 20 + of these mics and test them all for recording. I find that the older models are better sounding.
Lots of folks are afraid of hearing the sound of their own voice, even a few singers.
A good system with good gear should not normally feedback. Sometimes the input gain can be up too high.
I see EQs on Craigslist and at the Goodwill outlet store all the time for very little money. A slight cut in a higher freq should do away with the feedback.

Best of luck!

David Houck

• club
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2017, 10:24:28 AM »
Thanks, David; yes, I looked at the pure feedback eliminators, and they did look to be a lot of trouble.  At least the ART is an actual graphic EQ, where I can see what I'm doing.

cozmik_cowboy

• club
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2017, 12:15:00 PM »
Nice comment, Glynn; made me smile.

Just now purchased the used ART unit off Reverb.
Please give us a reveiw when you've checked it out; that sort of thing  was just over the horizon at about 100X the price when I stopped doing sound on a regular basis, and I'm thoroughly intrigued.

Peter
"Don't take life so serious; it ain't no ways permanent"

Pogo

David Houck

• club
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2017, 12:18:29 PM »
Will do.  Hope to have a good report.

kilowatt

• club
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2017, 12:20:06 PM »
Dave,

Please give the ART unit a try, and let everyone know how it works. Definitely an interesting piece of equipment, if it can quickly help to eliminate feedback.

Regards,
Pete

David Houck

• club
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2017, 12:49:59 PM »
Yes, it's intriguing.  Seller says he hopes to have it shipped by tomorrow.  Will try to do a simple setup and test in my living room when it arrives.