Author Topic: Shakedown Street at Terrapin Crossroads 10/9  (Read 341 times)

edwin

• club
Re: Shakedown Street at Terrapin Crossroads 10/9
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2017, 03:21:59 PM »
I'll just say that the band has been sounding better than ever! It will be a lot of fun!

mica

• alembic
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2017, 03:27:35 PM »
I've gotten almost no sleep because of the impending fires and Imma 'bout to pass out. I'm bummed I won't see you guys play tonight, Edwin. Hope you have a blast!

hieronymous

• club
    • hieronymous on soundcloud
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2017, 07:47:24 PM »
Mica, just glad you and family are safe! We're waving the Alembic flag here - guitar player has a Skylark!

hieronymous

• club
    • hieronymous on soundcloud
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2017, 10:54:12 AM »
The show was a lot of fun - sounded great, not too loud, nice balanced mix. For the first set we sat on the stairs so I got a bit of an aerial view:

We managed to touch base with Edwin during the set break and caught a pic with him, his guitarist, Bill & myself (didn't manage to get Stephen into this one, but he was there too):

Got closer so that I could get a shot of Edwin slapping during Shakedown Street:

Here's a shot of the stage - out of chronological order - it's from when we arrived before the show started:

lbpesq

• club
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2017, 11:28:13 AM »
Very much enjoyed the show.  The band was excellent, as was the sound mix.  Edwin on his Starfire/Alembic sounded clear, clean, and powerful.  TXR is such a well thought out comfortable venue.  And with a half dozen in the Alembic contingent, they had a quality class of people attending.  lol.  It was senior management's first time eating at the restaurant.  She said it was the best fried chicken she ever tasted!

Bill, tgo 

StephenR

• club
  • Advanced Member
    • CRYPTICAL
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2017, 03:10:32 PM »
My wife and I enjoyed the music last night and it was a plus to see Harry, Bill and their wives, too. Edwin, and his Starfire, sounded great and Mike Berry did a nice job filling in on rhythm guitar. Thanks for posting some pictures Harry!

David Houck

• club
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2017, 04:22:29 PM »
Thanks for the reports and the pics!

Nice T-shirts!

edwin

• club
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2017, 05:28:39 PM »
My wife and I enjoyed the music last night and it was a plus to see Harry, Bill and their wives, too. Edwin, and his Starfire, sounded great and Mike Berry did a nice job filling in on rhythm guitar. Thanks for posting some pictures Harry!

Say hi to Jen! I was bummed I didn't have a moment to check in with her. It was a crazy day and night. Lots of fun!

Looks like we'll back in the spring, hopefully in the Grate Room.