Author Topic: Trevor Lindsey  (Read 247 times)

sonofa_lembic

Trevor Lindsey
« on: August 09, 2017, 03:27:54 PM »
Just a few shots from over the years.  From my first Alembic at age 17 to my latest and greatest Series II Short scale.  Photos from high school jazz band to gigging with Gemi Taylor (Graham Central Station), to backing LL Cool J, and to concert rehearsal with Montel Jordan. 

sonofa_lembic

Re: Trevor Lindsey
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 03:28:51 PM »
The long view.

sonofa_lembic

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 03:30:35 PM »
Funkin' with LL Cool J.  Look at that crazy pimp coat Gemi is wearing!  I got stuck in a tux!  No Fair!

sonofa_lembic

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 03:32:24 PM »
Rehearsal with Montel.  Using my short scale Stanley Signature.  I like using short scales when I have to do a lot of reading.  Easier not to grab the wrong note when my eyes are on the page.

sonofa_lembic

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 03:34:44 PM »
Gigging at Copper Blues Club.  My main gig bass is my MK Signature 5. 

sonofa_lembic

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 03:46:36 PM »
Doing the winery circuit!  This is where the "Beautiful People" all gather.  Then they get drunk and just look stupid. Beautiful but stupid.

sonofa_lembic

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2017, 03:53:42 PM »
And finally, my latest addition, or should I say addiction.  Series II short scale on the gig in Malibu.

tx196059

• club
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2017, 05:27:32 PM »
Thanks Trevor! Looking good. Great musical career. Keep it up :)

elwoodblue

• club
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2017, 08:05:17 PM »
Wow,wow...and congrats on the new series two!!

sonofa_lembic

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2017, 08:05:57 PM »
Thanks man, until I die!  I can't fight the musician genes my folks gave me, no matter how hard it is to survive as a working musician these days.  Gotta play or I'm not happy.  Let me rephrase that, gotta play an Alembic or I'm not happy!

sonofa_lembic

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2017, 08:12:14 PM »
Thanks!  I had wanted this Series II for over a year, and the owner was kind enough to make it happen for me.  Turns out this bass has a vermillion core along with the cocobolo and purple heart.  I am not sure why, but this is by far the best Series instrument I have owned.  It has great sparkle on the top end like my non Series basses.  That is something I was never able to get from my other Series basses.  Of course it also has the insane low end, and that is something unique to the Series basses.  This one should go to the grave with me.