Author Topic: Alembic Knock off!!!  (Read 980 times)

acoustic1

Re: Alembic Knock off!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2017, 02:03:21 PM »

acoustic1

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2017, 06:56:10 AM »

acoustic1

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2017, 08:39:03 AM »
Knock off's en regalia!!!

Please read this!!!

http://untweb.tripod.com/mgalfor.htm

thanks!!!

acoustic1

« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 12:32:55 PM by acoustic1 »

acoustic1

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2017, 10:24:33 AM »
Afternoon folks,

just wanted to share a few thoughts,

Alembic produces from raw materials an item, that in any real sense, there is no substitute for!!

The question,  is Alembic (or any other co.) directly impacted by the manufacturing & sale of counterfeit goods!!

If indeed, Alembic has lost even one sale due to an individual or company producing a "knock off",

The answer is,  Yes!!!

The best way to stop the manufacturing of imitated products is to inform consumers of the potentially harmful affects these products pose to the companies who originated the items being copied!! If people refuse to purchase knock-off products, these Individuals or companies will suffer economically and ultimately disappear!

lbpesq

• club
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2017, 11:14:12 AM »
I respectfully disagree.  I doubt there are many educated consumers who honestly believe they are buying a real Alembic when they buy a P-bass knockoff with an "Alembic" decal for $300.  And, if they are in the market for a $300 instrument, they are not going to be buying any real Alembic.  Most of the other pics posted on this thread are of other makes that may employ similar neck-thru construction methods, but are clearly not Alembics, nor are they pretending to be Alembics or branded as Alembics.  The real knockoff copies on the market are more often Les Pauls, Strats, and other models far more common than Alembics.  IMHO, there is a significant difference between a counterfeit knockoff that pretends to be what it is not, versus a model that borrows design cues from another builder.

Bill, tgo
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 11:16:59 AM by lbpesq »

acoustic1

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2017, 11:37:31 AM »
Thank you for your insight Bill,

I cant agree with much of what you have said either!

I believe these designs belong to the originator!!

If you take another's design & profit from it , How does this not hurt The originating company!!

I will continue to post what I find, Mostly because it is a good subject matter!!

If you disagree , then simply do not bother looking at what I post!!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 11:40:18 AM by acoustic1 »

elwoodblue

• club
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2017, 12:09:18 PM »
mellow dude.  8)

lbpesq

• club
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2017, 12:18:31 PM »
Acoustic1, you are new around here and may not realize that this forum is quite different from most others on the net in that we tend to avoid flaming, fighting, emotionally charged disagreements, and personal attacks.  All are welcome, as are all reasonably presented opinions.  You have yours, and I have mine, and both are cool.  As for one company being influenced by another, it happens all the time in all industries.  Are Chevy, Toyota, Nissan, Audi, Ferrari, and virtually every auto maker producing counterfeit Fords because they all adopted the manufacturing methods first developed by Ford?  Are all five string basses with the fifth string being a low b counterfeit Alembics because Alembic developed that instrument first?   How about active electronics?  Truly innovative designs can be patented and those that want to copy them pay a fee.  Those that don't are subject to civil damages.  Alembic enthusiastically defends their name, logo, and proprietary designs.  Many is the time that Mica has sent cease and desist communications to vendors on eBay listing non-Alembics as real ones.  When other companies produce neck-thru hippie sandwich constructed instruments they are paying homage to the trail originally blazed by Alembic, but, again in my opinion, that is quite different from producing a direct copy, putting an Alembic logo on it, and trying to pass it off as a true Alembic.

Bill, tgo
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 12:20:02 PM by lbpesq »

tx196059

• club
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2017, 01:22:31 PM »
I was recently informed by Reverb that they changed my listing title, because of Gibson copyright infringements. These instruments were modeled after the Les Paul shape, and were listed as "Antonio Tsai LP Style", same as Antonio's listing title, when I bought them from him in Vietnam. Reverb changed the title to "Antonio Tsai Singlecut Style." Clearly, no one has ever taken these novelty wall art guitars as being made by Gibson, but there you have it.

https://reverb.com/item/3400052-antonio-tsai-singlecut-style-2016-gold-mother-of-pearl

acoustic1

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2017, 01:46:43 PM »
I have a extended family member who is set to release an original design on the open market (with patents being all in place)!

Since this item could be fairly easily duplicated by another manufacturer , I set about doing some research, as to what effect this could have on his yearly earnings,  Truth, it's not a pretty picture!

acoustic1

« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2017, 06:33:14 PM »
Hey everyone!

Here is another 3 page (in the event you have not seen it already)!!

Who builds(or would) Alembic clones?

Europa copy!!!

https://www.talkbass.com/threads/who-builds-or-would-alembic-clones.667165/

pauldo

• club
  • What chaos . . . ?
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2017, 04:40:11 AM »

Thank you Bill - you posts above are succinct.

I fear that this threads motivation/ direction does not fit this community's ideology. 
The P-bass post feels like a pot stirrer rather than an informative post.

1984 Distillate Zebrawood

acoustic1

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2017, 12:51:15 PM »
Hello Bill & Paul,

I wish to offer my apologies , Sorry that I came off the wrong way!!

I am new here , and I do appreciate being part of this community

I will not post any more in this thread!

When I started it,  I thought the subject matter was intriguing,

But ,  I would rather be with you , not against you!

If you can Please accept my apology!!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 07:57:14 PM by acoustic1 »

David Houck

• club
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2017, 05:22:46 PM »
Acoustic1; speaking for the community, no problem.  And we appreciate you being a part of the community.

David