Author Topic: 1985 Series 1  (Read 347 times)

Maddog55

1985 Series 1
« on: August 05, 2017, 01:37:25 PM »
I had posted this story on the "Fun Stories" board about a week ago and got some good feedback. I am posting again here with some updated photos showing the condition of the bass. I am hoping to get some more advice on asking price and forums to post the bass on. Bass is in good condition I think considering the age a few dents and dings. One of the control knobs is scuffed up pretty good. Have plugged headphones into it and all electronics seem to be working fine. Do not have power box or cord. Original story I posted is below:

Elderly neighbor told me she had a guitar in her garage I could have. She said her husband, who passed away 4 years ago, had bought it because he wanted to learn to play. When I went to pick it up to my surprise it was an 1985 Alembic Series 1. I did not know what it was until I did some research. She had no idea what was in the case, thinks he must have bought it at a pawn shop. Needless to say I can't keep this beautiful instrument. She has just lost her husbands pension and could really use the money from selling this bass. I would like to help her get the most she can for it. Any advice?

tx196059

• club
Re: 1985 Series 1
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 04:06:13 PM »
Hello again Maddog. One thing that could help potential buyers, is knowing the neck dimensions. Scale length is important. I cannot remember if you posted that yet. Measurement across the nut and 24th fret would be helpful to. Also submit a serial number request here, and get more info on the build mix, and repair history. Someone mentioned a listing price of $4,500. That is probably a good place to start. Expect offers in the high $3k range, and without power supply and chord, the med $3ks. Depending on how fast you want to sell, you can wait and see of someone comes in over $4k. You can list here in the for sale section. People here know exactly what you are selling, and know the value. Hope this helps. Cheers!

Joe

Maddog55

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 07:35:41 PM »
Thanks again!

germansal

• club
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 12:06:15 PM »
it is a lovely series 1 bass.....

haircuttingcowboy

• Dave & Co.
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 01:51:04 PM »
To measure scale length = measure from bottom of the nut to bridge (at the two inside  strings bridge saddles) OR nut to 12th fret x 2.  Anyone interested in the bass will want to know the scale length.  34 inches is normal long scale.

Maddog55

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 07:32:08 PM »
Thanks for the info, 32 in on this bass.