Author Topic: Superfilter Manual  (Read 435 times)

StephenR

• club
  • Advanced Member
    • CRYPTICAL
Superfilter Manual
« on: June 21, 2017, 11:07:42 AM »
Does anyone have a scan of the Superfilter manual? It looks like there used to be a link to one in the FAQ section which now appears to be MIA.

Thanks!
Stephen

StephenR

• club
  • Advanced Member
    • CRYPTICAL
Re: Superfilter Manual
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 11:46:46 AM »
Hieronymus sent me a scan of the manual so I am all set.

Thanks Harry!

Stephen

rv_bass

• club
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 07:38:14 PM »

StephenR

• club
  • Advanced Member
    • CRYPTICAL
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 11:21:56 PM »
Thanks Rob!

dead_head

• club
  • Advanced Member
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 12:29:28 PM »
  +1!  Thanks,also, Rob!!!

rv_bass

• club
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2017, 05:41:17 PM »
Thanks to Mica for the original post!  :)

jazzyvee

• club
    • NotStrictlyJazz
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2017, 11:55:50 AM »
Have fun with that superfilter Stephen, and be nice to your speakers as that thing can provide your speakers with some seriously heavy bottom end!!! :-) I hardly use mine in anything more than subtle ways but if I'm on a reggae gig at a festival with a good strong high wattage 8x10 on the back line then....Booooom Party Time!!!!
The sound of Alembic is medicine for the soul!

StephenR

• club
  • Advanced Member
    • CRYPTICAL
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2017, 04:18:19 PM »
Thanks Jazzy!

Just back from a long summer vacation. Only have had a chance to use the Superfilter for one gig so far and it performed admirably. I found the band-pass filter to be a big help in bringing out a bit of bite in the upper mid-range. I used the low-pass filter to beef up the low end a bit but my Series bass already has a strong bottom end, especially since mine is an old one with the neck pickup located closer to the neck, so I used a very conservative gain setting. Lots of ways to patch it into my rig and various preamps so I am looking forward to experimenting more. I think it is going to be a particularly good thing to use with my F2-B. Last gig I patched it into my Eden Navigator effects loop in mono and left all the EQ on the amp flat but I tend to use little to no EQ anyway.

Already got the sense that subtle is the way to go with the Superfilter. I always gig with at least one 15" JBL cabinet as part of my backline and it handles low end a lot better than my 10" speakers. Since I mix cabinets I am also going to try running the filters in stereo at some point so I can tweak each cab separately.