Author Topic: Delaware checking in  (Read 457 times)

Mr. Bill

Delaware checking in
« on: June 15, 2017, 08:01:05 PM »
Hello new friends,

Gonna be hard to sleep tonight like a kid at Christmas.  I rescued my first Alembic from eBay this week, and UPS says it will arrive here in Delaware tomorrow.  Ive been lurking the threads here for awhile, I feel like I already know some of you.  I've love watching all the vids of your fine instruments in action and look forward to speaking with all of you and learning all the ins and outs of the quest for tone.  I posted a pic in the S/N request thread, I'll post it here as well.  Once it gets here I'll get some pics in the showcase thread

Meet "Nancy", named after my mother who passed away this mother's day.

Chris

StephenR

• club
  • Advanced Member
    • CRYPTICAL
Re: Delaware checking in
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 10:43:09 PM »
Congratulations Chris... welcome to the family!

I'm sure you are going to love the bass, so sweet that it will commemorate the loss of your mother and allow her to live on in song. Play it with spirit...

Jsn

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 11:02:43 PM »
Welcome! Can't wait to see New Bass Day unboxing pics, and to hear about your hands-on (and ears-on) experience. There's nothing like it.

mtjam

• club
  • Advanced Member
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 05:41:37 AM »
Congratulations, and welcome! You will love this bass.

edwardofhuncote

• club
  • Chain-Links
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2017, 08:29:50 AM »
Welcome Chris.   8)

Always nice to see another Alembican here in the eastern U.S.,  especially one packing a Persuader.  ;)

Mr. Bill

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2017, 05:45:46 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome all, Edward - not sure where you're at, but I'd love to hang out and have a cup of coffee or a beer with you some time! So... The moment of truth. "Nancy" got here around 2 pm today. I just now stopped noodling around so I could get on here for a minute.  This is everything I hoped it would be and more, these basses are incredible!!!  My only exposure was playing one when I sat in for a set at a friend's wedding several years ago, and I remembered loving it.  Now that I've got my own, I love it even more.  I have a rudimentary understanding of the filter, and a good grasp of the 2 volume controls.  I know already that I'm going to want to put the upgrade in with the vol/blend, and I've got to work on the action and the setup a bit to get her where I want.  Looking forward to getting some advice and talking with everyone as I make this my own.  Thanks all!

Got a pic of her with the rig, files too big though.  I know someone will hook me up.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 08:01:56 PM by Mr. Bill »

pauldo

• club
  • What chaos . . . ?
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2017, 04:07:41 AM »
Feels good eh?

;) :D ;D

Funny thing is, you will find it never gets old. Every time you take Nancy out of her case you will get 'that vibe'.
1984 Distillate Zebrawood

smokin_dave

• club
  • Advanced Member
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2017, 05:31:51 AM »
In the mid 90's I had an opportunity to buy a  Persuader but the asking price was a bit too much for me.The seller even let me take it home to play for a while and I really enjoyed everything about it and I'm sure you will to with Nancy. Congrats and welcome to the family.

rv_bass

• club
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2017, 07:05:21 AM »
Very nice bass, congrats, enjoy, and welcome!

Mr. Bill

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2017, 08:03:23 PM »
Thanks all for the warm welcome...  I've apparently got the disease full blown, I just purchased my second Alembic a 5 string Elan in wineburst.  I'll plan to post pics of both in the showcase thread next week, I need a bit of n00b help in downsizing picture sizes though.  As great as everyone's been with everything else I'm sure someone's got a good tip for me.

Thanks all,
Chris

rv_bass

• club
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2017, 03:16:37 AM »
Chris,

1. Save a copy of the image
2. Right click on the file and open with paint
3. Resize and save

moongerm

• club
  • Advanced Member
    • www.brianonbass.com
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2017, 09:05:26 PM »
Welcome and congratulations. Be careful that disease you have only gets worse. ;)

Brings back a memory for me of my first Alembic, also an eBay rescue.

s_wood

• club
  • Advanced Member
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2017, 08:47:23 AM »
Hey man, glad to see another Blue Hen in the Club.  Welcome aboard!