Author Topic: Northern California X - May 6  (Read 2159 times)

lbpesq

• club
Re: Northern California X - May 6
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2017, 04:01:14 PM »
Harry - no doubleneck this year!   Say it ain't so.  Oh the horror! 

Bill, tgo

StephenR

• club
    • CRYPTICAL
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2017, 04:04:22 PM »
My wife was hiking in Redwood Park over the weekend and saw the same sign. She also thought it made it look like the road was closed.

Looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend! Hot spell is about to break and the weather should be beautiful.

mica

• alembic
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2017, 05:22:16 PM »
Thanks, Harry! I updated the directions so that sign doesn't scare those folks that might not see your public service announcement here.

lbpesq

• club
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2017, 10:33:16 AM »
Really looking forward to this!  I can report that the Pinehurst entrance off of Skyline is definitely open as I drove out to Will's yesterday with the PA.  It's all set up and ready to go.  Just a head's up to everyone, there was a heckuva lot more traffic coming the other way than I've usually encountered in the past.  I assume this is due to the western access being closed.  So watch those blind curves, etc.

Bill, tgo

edwardofhuncote

• club
  • Chain-Links
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2017, 03:24:05 PM »
You all have a good time... I'm looking forward to the pictures. 8)

mica

• alembic
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2017, 08:32:38 PM »
Looking forward to tomorrow. I've got all my goodies staged and ready to pack in the car tomorrow morning.

We're trying to organize a Dark Star jam at around 2ish!

garyhead

• club
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2017, 07:31:05 AM »
I made it down to the Bay Area last night.
Will arrive with 5 Alembics
5 stands for the 5 Alembics
Full Bass Amp rig.  F-1X, Demeter pre also....Stewart 1.2 & 2.1 Power Amps (bridged) Bag End M2 processor & Bag End cabinets. TA-15 and an ELF 18.   Go Big Or Go Home!  ( yes, it is overkill but it was the last configuration my system was in......and the Classico's Low B sounds "farty" with anything less)

Sorry this RSVP is late Mica......I posted one last Thursday but I included attachments and they were rejected.  Hope you see this Saturday AM so you can make a call about maybe leaving an amp behind.  I hope to be there as close to 11 as possible to set all this up.
Let me know if I can come earlier......Ill need some additional time to "get lost" in the Oakland Hills!

Gary T
Lakewood, WA

PS......To all you CA peeps......You don't know how WONDERFUL it was yesterday to enter California and see the SUN.......and feel the Warmth!  Us Pacific Northwesterners started Rusting last November and are now sporting a good growth of Moss.  My brother is an amateur weather monitor in Portland and he has logged over 57" of rain since last October!  I'll be the pasty White guy squinting again't the bright light
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 07:52:45 AM by garyhead »
Where are we going......and why am I in this Handbasket?

1994 Essence 6
1996 Orion 6 fretless (Europa Electronics)
Spyder 4 V headstock (#25)
Spyder 8 (#02)
Classico 6 - Ebony fingerboard (the Only One!)
F-1X, F-2B, SF-2 Superfilter, M2 ELF Processor
Bag End Cabinets......

garyhead

• club
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2017, 06:06:06 AM »
What an AMAZING day!  I was there 9 hours and it seemed like 2. Fun talking all things Alembic and meeting like minded folk.  Thank you Mica & Bill for feeding us and bringing some fantastic instruments to augment the sizable display.  Weather was perfect....as was the venue.
Another fun aspect was putting real names to Forum screen names.  I have a difficult time remembering names but if I keep coming to gatherings.....that shouldn't be a problem.  I don't have great photos at the moment.....just phone shots.  There were some photographers there (and a spy drone) and I'm hoping they post some of those outdoor shots.  The "Bass Forest" indoors was a sight to behold......but getting those Alembics out in the sun was another level of stunning!
But wait kids....the fun doesn't stop here......tomorrow I make my 4th trip to the factory......This could be dangerous because my 1st trip had me leaving with a Classico?  (repeat after me....I will not look at that Series 6 String....I will not look at that Series 6 string). Anyway.....looking at a possible electronics upgrade for the Classico.......and maybe some "chip repair" to the body.......
Where are we going......and why am I in this Handbasket?

1994 Essence 6
1996 Orion 6 fretless (Europa Electronics)
Spyder 4 V headstock (#25)
Spyder 8 (#02)
Classico 6 - Ebony fingerboard (the Only One!)
F-1X, F-2B, SF-2 Superfilter, M2 ELF Processor
Bag End Cabinets......

mica

• alembic
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2017, 11:41:49 AM »