Author Topic: '86 Distillate long scale  (Read 513 times)

gearhed289

• club
    • Nomadic
'86 Distillate long scale
« on: January 21, 2017, 09:59:37 AM »
I may be selling this one (waiting to see how I like terrapinflyer's '96 Spoiler when it gets here). Had some actual sunshine this morning, so I snapped some fresh pics. Figured I'd post a couple here. It's a gorgeous, near-mint bass. Sounds and plays great, but I think I really want a medium scale for my Alembic needs. Got one club member interested, so he sort of has dibs, but if that falls through, I will be posting in the for sale section here before it goes on Reverb.com.

gearhed289

• club
    • Nomadic
Re: '86 Distillate long scale
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 07:22:43 AM »
Another shot I took in the wee hours Saturday night/Sunday morning showing the walnut, mahogany, maple, purpleheart, and ebony.

You can also see the reflection of one of my Rics in there.  ;D

adriaan

• club
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 10:34:05 AM »
Love the walnut, puzzled by the nut though.

gearhed289

• club
    • Nomadic
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 11:14:45 AM »
It's a regular old, non-adjustable brass nut. Whoever ordered it long scale must have requested it because I think they were using adjustable ones by '86.

mica

• alembic
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 12:20:52 PM »
I have never seen a nut quite like that before - but maybe it's just the shadows making it look a little different to me.

Also, please write the serial number inside the electronics cavity as a kindness to future identify seekers and researchers in case this gets refretted. Thanks!

gearhed289

• club
    • Nomadic
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 12:48:05 PM »
Also, please write the serial number inside the electronics cavity as a kindness to future identify seekers and researchers in case this gets refretted. Thanks!

Good plan! I'll be oiling the fingerboard later this week and will do that. I'll also post another angle of the nut. I figured it was stock, but now I'm not so sure.