Author Topic: Can I feed the F2-B outputs to my stereo DI Box?  (Read 179 times)

jazzyvee

• club
    • NotStrictlyJazz
Can I feed the F2-B outputs to my stereo DI Box?
« on: December 30, 2016, 09:08:38 AM »
In my big rack I used to have 2 x F1-x's so I had the option to go "stereo" however that didn't happen much and the weight of two F1-x's in a rack with an QSC PLX and DS-5 is significant. So being kind of sensible I have stuck with a mono rig and moved out one of the F1-x's into a 3U small rack with the DS-5 so I have the option of travelling light.

Anyway this coming year we have some festival gigs in the pipeline and I probably won't need to carry my own cabs, would like to try the "stereo" option again if the opportunity arises but maybe with a single F2-b if I could do a swap for one of my F1-x's.
Now the reality is that it does not have any DI outs so my question is could I feed the A & B channels through my Radial Pro 2D to the FOH and also take the "M" mono out to my power amp or line in on another rig if I only had a single bass cab? so I effectively would have "two bass channels FOH" and a mono stage sound.

I don't know what level's the output is from the F2-B and if it's too hot for maintaining a clean signal through the DI. What do you think, should I wake up from this dream and smell the coffee?
:-) :o ??? ::) :-\

The sound of Alembic is medicine for the soul!

hieronymous

• club
    • hieronymous on soundcloud
Re: Can I feed the F2-B outputs to my stereo DI Box?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 09:58:45 AM »
I have definitely fed the two individual outputs of the F-2B into that very stereo DI box (Radial PRO D2) with no issues - actually one channel was bass, the other Moog Taurus 3 bass pedals.

Not sure though if you could ALSO simultaneously take the 3rd summed output and send that somewhere else - I would experiment but my F-2B isn't working right now...

wayne

• club
Re: Can I feed the F2-B outputs to my stereo DI Box?
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 11:41:16 AM »
Once you plug a cable into the Mono out of the F2B, there will be some cross-talk between the A and B outputs.  You will have to decide if it's problematic for your situation.  The times I've used all 3 outputs, it has not been an issue.

The level should not be too hot out of the F2B, but will depend on the volume setting - since you will be sending a post-EQ signal.

If you have rack mount DS-5, you can use both the front and rear outputs at the same time.  I have done this in the past in order to send a pre-EQ signal to the FOH and feed an F2B on stage.

C-Ya............wayne
20th Anniversary 008
The Dark and The Light
The Unicorn
82 1228