Author Topic: Pyramid Gold Flats on an Alembic?  (Read 2407 times)

dtothec

• club
  • Advanced Member
Re: Pyramid Gold Flats on an Alembic?
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2017, 03:24:11 AM »
Greg, I agree with Edwin they will get better as they break in, the low notes will really start to thump!
04 Buckeye Rogue 5
14 Adamovic The Dark 5 single Cut
11 Fodera Emperor 5 Deluxe Buckeye
04 Nordstrand Adrian Garcia 5

edwardofhuncote

• club
  • Chain-Links
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2017, 05:14:59 AM »
I'm liking these, enough that I'm going to order a second set for the Persuader 5-string too... it just feels too weird switching between them. I tried again yesterday, and I think I'm actually preferring the sound enough now to outweigh the playability difference... the thumpier bottom end is kinda' growing on me.  :D

Bassman8416

• club
  • Advanced Member
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2017, 11:41:32 AM »
I use Pyramid Flats on my Spoiler and Guild Starfire II bass.

edwardofhuncote

• club
  • Chain-Links
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2017, 01:09:30 PM »
Perhaps oddly, I'm digging the D'Addario Chromes on the fretless Distillate now. I was one string short of having a full set of Pyramids to put on it, but had a new set of Chromes.

Nice to know there are other options out there... I still prefer TI Jazz Flats, and will probably return to them eventually, but I'm fine with either of the current options currently in testing.  ;)

moonliner

• club
  • Advanced Member
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2017, 03:16:28 PM »
I use them on my Alembic modded Guild which I affectionately called Stardust, and on small body Alembic serial number 33. There is something quite special about the thump that pyramid flats give filtered (no pun intended) through the punchy, high end clarity of the Alembic pickups and electronics.

edwardofhuncote

• club
  • Chain-Links
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2017, 09:54:01 AM »
Though they sound okay, I just have not bonded with the Pyramid Gold flats on my fretless Alembics.  :-\  Might give them a shot on the fretted ones for a while.

In the meantime, I recently tried a set of D'Addario Chromes... they worked out so well on the Distillate fretless, "Doc" that I thought I'd try them on "Chain-Links" for a while...  :)

We've got a jam scheduled for New Year's Eve.  :D