Author Topic: Sonicus Projects , Current And Past.  (Read 7941 times)

ed_zeppelin

• club
  • Advanced Member
Re: Sonicus Projects , Current And Past.
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2015, 06:59:41 PM »
>>>A technique that is often found in various Jazz styles.

sonicus

• club
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2015, 01:35:54 PM »
Our website; http://www.easywind.us/   is taking shape.

A rehearsal video of Mississippi Half Step Uptown Toodeloo
currently is there now. Our drummer Kenny  sings the lead part.
 I am playing my Series I 81-1940                                                                    

More to come soon ... ...  

Wolf

sonicus

• club
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2015, 04:32:19 PM »
My band EASY WIND has a GIG Tonight @ The Bistro  
1001 B Street in Hayward , California .  
 Check the link for my band in my post above.

Wolf

sonicus

• club
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2015, 12:21:31 AM »
My gig with  Easy Wind  at the Bistro went quite well on 9/11/15. We are a two ALEMBIC Player band .  Ken the lead guitarist play's an Alembic Further .   I had been planning on playing my Series I for the gig in Stereo. At the last moment I decided to use my Distillate and keep it simple due to the stage size. My Stereo rig consists of four 2x10 cabs powered by A Crest power amp and All Alembic rack .  I used two 2x10  instead and still filled the room  powered by an old  GK800RB.

I have some  shaky video of this gig and also an audio recording from my Zoom H5.I might post that as well .

The next day we had a  large festival daytime gig. The Video for that is much better !  
I did not have very much time for set up on stage and sound test ( 30 minutes) so I kept it simple with three 2X10 cabs .

Here is the You Tube link ; Jack Straw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiYQJszZVh4

Truckin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFqHoVTe4go

Ramble On Rose
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oov5Aa4bc00

If you want to see the video from the Bistro  9/11/ gig it is on the same You Tube channel ;
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWJMR64TljvUM0XLVhada3w

More to come !  

Wolf

sonicus

• club
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2015, 01:23:31 AM »
Here is   Terrapin- Playing in the Band   from the Bistro 9/11 GIG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZOaPXk25sU

Morning Dew  : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srh6Cf6R3pU

The vid is a bit shaky , but it can be seen that the folks in the place are having fun .  

Wolf

moongerm

• club
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2015, 04:12:12 AM »
Good draw and people having fun! You are cutting through just fine too. Very cool.

sonicus

• club
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2015, 06:44:17 AM »
Thanks for checking us out . It is fortunate that the loyal fans of  The Dead Guise will show up to hear us play since  Easy Wind  consists of  founding members from the  Dead Guise and my self as a new bass player.   Our next gig  is at the  Uncle Rico's  Rock&Roll in the Park Festival on September 27th at about 12:00 Noon or so . The address is 24176 Mission Blvd in Hayward ,California 94544 .

sonicus

• club
« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2015, 08:26:21 AM »
Equipment unloaded and waiting to get on stage while our drummer assembles his extensive drum kit ; all of it gets played  

rustyg61

• club
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2015, 09:40:56 AM »
Great tone on your bass Wolf!
Rusty
2011 SCSD
2014 "Blue Orca" Series II Europa

sonicus

• club
« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2015, 10:46:30 AM »
Thanks Rusty !

edwardofhuncote

• club
  • What Would McVie Play?
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2015, 05:12:36 AM »
+1 more... that single PU'd Distillate sounds great! That looks like a fun gig too. I'd love to hear old #73-32 in that same context. (hint-hint) =)

Random thought - isn't it funny how all our load-in pictures look strangely familiar?

flpete1uw

• club
« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2015, 05:48:01 AM »
Wolf,
Been enjoying this thread!!  
Interesting how your go to Bass is the Distillate.
I totally understand. Ease of use and massive tonality kind of makes it a no brainer in the chaos of a live gig.  
  Yes your Bass cuts through nicely with Great Tone! Looks like you guys are having a Blast!  
Pete

sonicus

• club
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2015, 07:46:05 AM »
Gregory ,
  Thanks ! Yes that Distillate never seems to disappoint . I had actually been planing on playing my medium scale 81-1940 for these back to back gigs. We were rehearsing with her a week before the gigs. At the last moment I realized that we would be really tight spaced on the Bistro's stage. As it was I had only about a little safe area to stand before me and the lead guitarist would smash our instruments into each other. I chickened out !  Our drummer's kit took up a bit of stage area as well___.

I will in fact be playing a gig in late October with this band on a huge stage where I will be using a wonderful Alembic Series instrument played through an extensive Stereo rig.   Load in picks seem to be irresistible to show  as a dedication of the devoted labor involved with our musical inclinations  ; ____through thick and thin  ... lol !  

Pete , Thanks for your viewing and listening ! That Distillate does seem to show up a bit! She was my first 100% Alembic and yes , always a simple success ._____Chaos , yes . I only had a few hours of rest between gigs after listening to Friday night .  In retrospect I could have played a Series instrument on the outside festival gig on the big stage even with the 30 minute set up and sound test. No worries in hindsight either because we like those big stages and there will be more of them in the near future for the Alembic Series I !  Thanks so  much for all the great feedback . I enjoy sharing this stuff as well .

Wolf

David Houck

• club
« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2015, 11:34:47 AM »
Just watched the Jack Straw video.  Bass lines and tone are great!  I like the lead guitar as well; good player.

sonicus

• club
« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2015, 12:12:23 PM »
Thanks Dave !  

In that Jack Straw video , I think I am showing what I think are the effects of my eclectic listening , appreciation and influences over the decades.  I think Mr. Lesh and Mr Entwistle are  shaking hands  in what I am  trying do there, or maybe I am deceiving my self in my own perceptions ?    May be not .  Just thinking . Maybe it is just ;  The real me  . I don't know .
   Thanks Dave , I hope that all is well with you these days !  

Wolf