Author Topic: Sonicus Projects , Current And Past.  (Read 7939 times)

rv_bass

• club
Re: Sonicus Projects , Current And Past.
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2015, 05:03:52 PM »
Cool stuff, Wolf, sounds great!

moongerm

• club
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2015, 05:14:52 PM »
Nice Wolf!

sonicus

• club
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2015, 06:25:55 PM »
Thanks  Robert and Brian.

sonicus

• club
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2015, 06:02:47 PM »
https://soundcloud.com/sonicus-alembicus/conceptus-sonicus

The link above is a work in progress . It is the Overture for my first Symphony so to speak.   I started it in 2005. I still intend to add Alembic Series Bass Guitar parts , Female vocals and guitars. In its finished form I intend it to represent a work of   Symphonic Rock.
I am still in the orchestral stages of composition.   There will be three movement after the overture.  ( I hope that live long enough to its completion )

Eventually I intend to add a visual aspect to my composition  in the form of either computer animation or a live theatrical filmed presentation on a stage or movie or even a real opera .  

The scene is set from  Viking mythology in the overture in the opening scene:  

Freyja , the leader of the the Valkyries is circling a perimeter of a Viking Battle looking for her lost husband shedding  Golden Amber Tears . As she lands on the ground she calls to her troops for assistance.     Hrista , one of the Valkyries  shakes the ground with her strong wings  upon her landing approach during the tuba and arco bass duet.

I have quit a bit of work left here till I fell happy with its completion !  

Wolf & Sonicus @ the Alembic Club and Wolf Bostedt in the street !   I send you all my Brotherly Love Friends !

(Message edited by sonicus on July 27, 2015)

David Houck

• club
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2015, 08:48:14 PM »
That was wonderful!!

sonicus

• club
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2015, 09:01:40 PM »
Thanks Dave .  
                         There will be more as time and inspiration and access to folks and singers lends to my efforts ,  

Wolf

rustyg61

• club
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2015, 09:33:53 PM »
Wow Wolf! That was awesome! Did you record at your house? Is that a keyboard, or software instruments? I can't wait to hear more! Great job!
Rusty
2011 SCSD
2014 "Blue Orca" Series II Europa

sonicus

• club
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2015, 10:25:13 PM »
Hi Rusty,    Thanks so much ! Yes , That was already on a hard drive when you came for a visit that time,   I have been using software sample programs and a Kurzweil Midi Board with 88 keys .  I am not  real  piano player with good left and right hand independance . My early clasisical influences and the love for those are shedding a large amount of  power recently ( last 10 years).   in my older years  I need to etablish a final work before it is too late . I feel the drive  for this and other musical projects at this time . I will be anouncing other projects and invitations from other folks to play with them soon . It looks like I will have gig playing with some current members of Quick Silver as well soon . This is what an old bass player wants .  Stay tuned for more info.  

Wolf

rustyg61

• club
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2015, 05:54:22 PM »
The instruments sound amazing & your playing is spot on! I love classical instrumentation! I've got some great sounds in my Pro Tools too, but I am no keyboard player. I have to sequence any part that has more than a few notes! You are inspiring me to dust off my MIDI keyboard & start recording! Keep up the great work!
Rusty
2011 SCSD
2014 "Blue Orca" Series II Europa

sonicus

• club
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2015, 09:15:10 AM »
Rusty, Thanks !    
You can do it too if I kind of can .  

I am not a real keyboard /piano player in that I have not developed good right and left hand independence. I am definitely not a piano player per se. When I was eight years old I had piano lessons until I was ten and then I switched to the Trumpet lessons. I picked up playing Bass when I was fourteen . Piano lessons only gave me a first exposure to basics but because of physical problems with my left hand I did not stay with the piano.  I did however have plenty exposure to hearing plenty classical music  at home as a child. I have a deep love for much of it and some exposure to playing it on Brass instruments and a tiny bit on Double Bass. A digital sample interface masks my shortcomings and promotes my melodic mentation . I think I have learned different aspects from a few different composers listening and reflecting.    

Wolf

5a_quilt_top

• club
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2015, 12:08:19 PM »
Finally got a chance to listen to your links.

Incredible range of diversity - !

Really liked the Anyway You Want It vid - refreshingly clever, excellent editing.

And, your overture does sound like the soundtrack to a film or theatrical presentation that hasn't yet been developed. I closed my eyes and imagined forests, mountains and ominous dark skies - so you're successfully painting with sound!

Bravo!

sonicus

• club
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2015, 12:54:50 PM »
Thank you so very much !   As diverse as my various projects seem to be I always seem to gain enjoyment from hearing and seeing different angles of experimentation towards their creation. It is really kool when you get to do that on other peoples projects as well .    

Wolf

sonicus

• club
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2015, 01:17:23 AM »
Hi friends !  
     When I started this thread near the middle of this year in May it was with Youtube links of a new musical experiment of a JAM that revealed interesting potential and chemistry in my opinion. Those experiments have continued over the last few months and the result is a NEW BAND with some personnel changes in the process .  Here is a recent post on Youtube.  I am playing my  Alembic Series I ; 81-1940 in this link. The lead guitarist is playing an Alembic Further guitar. We love the Alembic sound !  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn83Ku0ePDQ          

Our new band is called  EASY WIND. We already have a few gigs booked !  Our next gig will be at the BISTRO in Hayward , Ca. 1001 B Street 94541  . I will post information regarding a few more gigs soon for September and October . We currently have a website registered and it is up and still under construction.

I will keep you all well posted !  

Wolf

ed_zeppelin

• club
  • Advanced Member
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2015, 11:25:01 AM »
I have just listened to the first video three times. I don't know the song. Would you mind explaining the time signature?

sonicus

• club
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2015, 02:34:46 PM »
Hi Forest !  
 If you are referring to the first video in this thread in my post #4149 , the tune before the segue is  Playing in the band AKA  The main ten. It starts out in 10/4.  
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playing_in_the_Band

Often in Grateful Dead style improvisation a variation of the technique of  Tempo Rubato is utilized in ensemble playing . A technique that is often found in various Jazz styles.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tempo_rubato

Wolf