Author Topic: Barefaced vs Bergantino cabinets  (Read 447 times)

rustyg61

• club
Barefaced vs Bergantino cabinets
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2015, 01:50:05 AM »
Sorry Glynn! Please forgive my enthusiasm for AccuGroove, but it was life changing when I got mine! It was like going from my Jazz Bass to my SCSD! So I sing the praises of their cabinets every chance I get!
Rusty
2011 SCSD
2014 "Blue Orca" Series II Europa

rv_bass

• club
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2015, 05:30:27 AM »
I agree with Rusty,  I recently purchased a Wedgie (now an El Whappo on order), and the difference between Accugroove and my previous gear was immediately noticeable.  I've gotten rid of all of my other cabs and really like the Accugroove cabs.

murray

• club
  • Advanced Member
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2015, 09:00:24 AM »
From what I can find out Accugroove are yet to get dealers in the UK but are working on it so something to look forward to.
I have to say Rusty that I had a similar life changing moment when I discovered the GenzBenz Streamliner after years of upping and downing with Trace Elliot 12 band graphic equalizer sliders and still not getting the sound I wanted.  Also MarkBass didn't do it for me. Glynn

flpete1uw

• club
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2015, 11:47:18 AM »
Funny how the Barefaced hasn't been mentioned.  
Doooooh, ducking for cover!

rustyg61

• club
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2015, 03:56:54 PM »
Glynn, AccuGroove mostly sells directly to the customer. I think they only have a couple of dealers here in the US.  If you are interested call Mark Wright & he will build one for you.
Rusty
2011 SCSD
2014 "Blue Orca" Series II Europa

edwin

• club
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2015, 05:37:30 PM »
I just replaced my studio monitors with a Bag End setup (MM-8s plus a double 10 sub with the Infra processor, all powered by Adcom). It's pretty awesome.

I have to say that we have an embarrassment of riches when it comes to bass gear these days.

sonicus

• club
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2015, 06:24:37 PM »
Edwin , That is interesting . What were your previous studio monitors?      When I was at Wally Heider Studios / @ 245 Hyde St. in San Francisco we had   ALTEC 604's powered by McIntosh 275 's  , that was in 1975. Studio Monitor Technology  has changed for the better over the last multible decades. Coming from a Dinosaur from the audio world that is a GOOD progressive statement !    . In my current Setup I use JBL 4411's with  low freqency BI amped GAUSS 4580's in infinate baffle cabs . Powered by Two Yamaha P-2200's .  I still use a Crown VFX2A active cross over .When I include them I run My RTA to make it REAL .   I am sure your BAG ENDS are Awesome , but mine are old and home brewed. Like homemade Viking Barley Wine from 90OAD , LOL !   The Gauss 4580's add a bit of coloaration but are usefull when monitoring  bass DI at higher SPL.

Wolf  now AKA Crusty old Dragon !  

LOL  !

bassilisk

• club
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2015, 07:44:22 AM »
I'd like to throw one more item into this mix. I was going to get a Berg 112 and then, after a lot of research, decided to take a shot with this.
I purchased a Baer ML-112 without ever hearing one and have no regrets. I use it for smaller rooms and clubs where it performs flawlessly. Huge bottom with very smooth transition between the mids and highs - great definition throughout. Plus it only weighs 36 lbs.

I've used it with a Thunderfunk 550B, GK800RB and Mesa M-Pulse 600 with excellent results from each.
My MK Std sounds wonderful, as do all the rest.

Ultimately I'll get another and get rid of my Aguilar GS-212, adding it as necessary. Can't say enough about it. It is only available direct. Look up reviews - TB has a huge thread on them.

http://www.baeramps.com/cabs.html

jazzyvee

• club
    • NotStrictlyJazz
Re: Barefaced vs Bergantino cabinets
« Reply #23 on: Yesterday at 02:06:40 AM »
After a lot of reading and procrastinating about Barefaced, and still not had a proper play with one,  i have decided to burst my bass budget on one of their generation 3 Big Twin II cabs ( 2x12 with a tweeter). I've had some good conversations with a couple of the guys there, read lots of users comments pro's and cons and it still seems to tick all the boxes for me. I did ask the question about the bottom end as i've read that the cabs are flat response 30Hz - 20kHz and isn't voiced like most other bass cabs and was comforted by their assurance that it will reproduce the bottom extremely well and cleanly if that's what you give it.
One of the big plus points is that it weighs 20lbs less than my mesa boogie 2x10!

It is on 30 day money back approval and I have a few gigs in that time to try it out.
We shall hear!
The sound of Alembic is medicine for the soul!

murray

• club
  • Advanced Member
« Reply #24 on: Yesterday at 08:45:51 AM »
Since I started the thread, I bought a Barefaced One 10 which I am using with my GenzBenz  Streamliner 900 or Genzler Magellan 350.  It is an amazing little cabinet with loads of bottom end and 7kg!  Easily copes.
Still got my Berg HD112s for bigger gigs.
Looking forward to reports on bigger cabs although not needing to change anything anymore.
Glynn

jazzyvee

• club
    • NotStrictlyJazz
« Reply #25 on: Yesterday at 11:53:59 AM »
Yeah it was a good while ago this thread started Glynn. I have ordered and paid for it now so it should get here next week. i have a gig Thursday so hopefully it will arrive in time for that.  Now I need to get rid of my mesa boogie bass cabs. Hopefully find time to photograph them this weekend and get rid. Probably keep the 2x10 for a while though as it's physically smaller and will get into my smart car. I may get one of the smaller BF cabs if I like this one and then i can be covered for big and smaller gigs. Sure looking forward to reporting back.
The sound of Alembic is medicine for the soul!