Author Topic: Will's Custom 5-string Europa  (Read 565 times)

mica

• alembic
Re: Will's Custom 5-string Europa
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2011, 07:06:59 PM »
Halfsies through finish, frets installed and getting ready for the custom control layout drilling:

There's some white wax marks on the front you might be able to barely see as we start mapping the placement before we drill away.

sonicus

• club
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2011, 07:15:05 PM »
Nice !

afrobeat_fool

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2011, 09:49:33 PM »
Hey, Willie! We have the same birthday!  

Nick

willie

• club
  • Advanced Member
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2011, 06:07:39 AM »
Thanks for the picture Mica. That looks great
You can see the color and grain of the wood  better in this picture. I LIKE IT!
Scary to think of taking a drill to that but it has to be done. Can't wait to see it with all the knobs and switches in place.  
Nick. What year? I'll have to rememeber to say happy bithday to you on our birthday.
Will

willie

• club
  • Advanced Member
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2012, 01:14:27 PM »
Nick
Happy belated birthday. Forgot to tell you.
Too busy looking forward to this bass.
Will

afrobeat_fool

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2012, 03:47:32 PM »
Hi Will! I was born in 1969. I got a good look at your bass over the holiday. Beautiful! It is hard to remember all the instruments I saw while there. Plus, there is a lot of incredable Cocobolo in the shop. Yours stood out due to the Ebony Lam in the neck and the wide maple accent. You are going to be stoaked. Mica pulled a little of the tape off the neck so I could see the inlay on the fingerboard. Don't see too many of those! Happy Birthday to you!

Nick

(Message edited by afrobeat_fool on January 16, 2012)

willie

• club
  • Advanced Member
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2012, 05:50:04 AM »
Nick
1969. That was a good year. Same year my Mach 1 Mustang was born. Been garage kept for 28 of the 30 years I had it.  
I can't believe you got to see my bass.
I'm guessing you must have made a visit to the Mothership. What exactly are you referring to about the inlays? The Abalone with Laser LED's or the initials. I wish I could see them.
I have a first live show with the new band Saturday night. Would have been nice to debut that bass there. Any idea how far along it is?
Thanks for the added anticipation, as if I needed it. Can't wait to see it.
Thanks
Will

afrobeat_fool

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2012, 12:02:24 PM »
Hi Will. Yes, I made it down there. Both to see family and to purchase that green skylark guitar in the showroom. I wanted to see the LED's and Mica thought yours had a maple fingerboard, but it was the one next to yours. You got to get down there sometime. There are sooo many instruments it will blow your mind. All I can say is try to be patient. It's hard. I've been waiting almost two years and they haven't even started on mine. I just try to forget about it and wait. They told me summer, but who knows. I don't mind as I have a few Alembic's and that keeps me pretty happy. I used to have a 69 charger RT. It was in my youth and didn't last too long, but it got me thru college and was very cool in the 80's. Old car's, bar's, and guitars!

willie

• club
  • Advanced Member
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2012, 01:25:07 PM »
Nick
Back when I got my car the choice was between a 69 Mach 1 and a 69 Charger RT with a 440 or 426.
I wanted a 428 Cobra Jet in the Mustang and had found one but when I got back from the bank someone else had showed up with cash and bought it. The one I have has a 351 which is OK because the car is very balanced for handling with the smaller block. It's hard to wait for this bass. I sold my 35 scale Roscoe in July as one of the basses to pay for this one. So I have been without a 5 string for quite sometime. And there are some special things about this bass.
I try not to think about it but it only works for a little while. At least I do have a couple of Alembic's to play as well and that helps.
I used to drive tractor trailers from PA to CA once a week but never had time to stop by there. Too tight of a schedule. Maybe someday soon.
Thanks
Will

stout71

• club
  • Advanced Member
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2012, 10:52:41 AM »
Bump!  How's this one coming along?  Can't wait to see more!
Get crazy with the Cheese Whiz. ~ Beck

wishbass

• club
  • Advanced Member
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2012, 09:22:26 PM »
What a beauty! Love that top!

willie

• club
  • Advanced Member
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2012, 01:20:42 PM »
I was kind of wondering how this one was coming along too.
Will

willie

• club
  • Advanced Member
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2012, 10:09:51 AM »
Bump

jazzyvee

• club
    • NotStrictlyJazz
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2012, 11:03:01 AM »
Bumpity bump
The sound of Alembic is medicine for the soul!